Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • @Fabian

As you understand, very big amount of people have such adapters and none have such things. So it seems to be some defect either in screw or in the hole placement.

• It may be only in 1/1000 cases, does that make it useless to warn others to handle with caution? I don't care much for the damage other than reselling value if I ever want to sell the camera, others might more.

• Hey guys. I haven't read through the entirety of the topic so I don't know if this has been addressed. Is there a way to control the aperture and use the RJ booster? For instance, getting Nikon lenses, then getting a Nikon > m4/3 adapter with aperture control, using the adapter to close down the lens, then take it off and put it back on the RJ? Or a Nikon to EF adapter ring, then doing the same thing?

• The Nikon G and the Pentax PKA versions have aperture control, it is mentioned in the first post. All the others you need to use lenses with manual aperture ring.

• @Adinan Be aware, though, that the aperture ring on the RJ Lens Turbo does not have adequate throw length for fine control. It has a short throw ring and while you can set the aperture anywhere you like, there is no fine control over where it is truly set.

• Thanks @haavard & @joethepro. It was a bit hard to see. I hope closing down one stop isn't too hard to manage, just in case; at least for use with ND filters.

Have any of you considered the 6.5mm 3.5 fisheye or the 8-16mm 4.5-5.6? I'm going for the 11-16mm as a low light wide-normal wide angle lens, though those other two seems like good lenses for ultra wide angles, though not fast enough. In my other topic, someone raised concerns of vignetting, but I don't see why an APS-C lens won't work fine with this adapter on m4/3.

• The weak point of most of the non Metabones focal reducers is that they are not as sharp at the edges, so before I would invest in such an extreme wide angle lens to be used with a focal reducer, I would look the combinations up and find some examples first to make sure they are sharp enough for your use. Stopped down a little, it might be fine though.

• From the research I recall, I couldn't find any mention or examples of it. One of the reasons I'm so interested too. I can't really imagine what they'd look like though, sounds like it'd give crazy results.

• Have any of you considered the 6.5mm 3.5 fisheye

Something tells me that it is Vivitar rebrand of Samyang 8mm :-) So, not 6.5mm at all.

• I've heard from someone that it's a stereoscopic fisheye, and I had no idea what the hell they meant by that as I had assumed that all fisheyes had been using one perspective. I think that might be one reason behind the 6.5, or it could be 8mm as several have argued :) Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens#Mapping_function for those who've no idea what I meant.

• Rj turbo canon to mft arrived today .. all ok thanks Vitaliy

• @Vitaly, Is the RJ Manufacturer/builder open to some suggestions like light modifications on their adapters speedbooster ?

Also, do thew still offer the tripod mound ring ?

Thanks to answer

• Is the RJ Manufacturer/builder open to some suggestions like light modifications on their adapters speedbooster ?

What is your suggestion?

Also, do thew still offer the tripod mound ring ?

Meaning? Two adapters (EF and Nikon G) have such thing.

• @Vitaly,

First suggestion: write apperture mesures/marks on the adapter so we can have more controls on the apperture wheel, especially if the lens used lacks one. See this for exemple: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1002612-REG/metabones_mb_nfg_m43_bm1_nikon_g_mount_lens.html

About the mount ring, I was wondering if it was possible to get one without the adapter since the first time I bought the one for nikon mount I didn't think I would need one.

Other suggestions might follows, but I thing that gonna be all for now.

• About the mount ring, I was wondering if it was possible to get one without the adapter since the first time I bought the one for nikon mount I didn't think I would need one.

It can't be used on older adapters.

• How do I know if it's the older adapter the one I have ?

• How do I know if it's the older adapter the one I have ?

All Canon and Nikon ones that do not come with such ring are old ones.

• Have there been any side-by-side comparisons between the different focal reducers? I'm especially interested in any image quality differences between this, and Metabones.

Also, do we know if they are working on anything stronger than 0.72x? Maybe something better suited for the GH4?

• Have there been any side-by-side comparisons between the different focal reducers? I'm especially interested in any image quality differences between this, and Metabones.

You can just browse back, it is long topic.

• Ah! It took a while to get here. But in the end it was worth the wait. Own fault for wanting the free shipping (no import charges, yay!). Free shipping is not so quick. Easy peasy put together. Lens turns on smoothly; in turn the adapter attaches smoothly to the GH4 as well (maybe some added markings on the tripod collar and lens turbo would've been nice for easier alignment of the two in order to get the tripod base exactly level). So far, so good. Happy camper here. Thanks Vitaliy & RJ!

Now just gotta find some time for some vigorous testing. Unfortunately a couple of long days work ahead of me first.

gh4sigmalensturbo.jpg
    540 x 370 - 88K
    rjlensturbo.jpg
    640 x 213 - 92K
  • Is there any reason stacking a dumb adapter on this would lower IQ?

I would like to put a OM to EF adapter on the EF focal reducer. Maybe a Nikon G to EF as well.

• Is there any reason stacking a dumb adapter on this would lower IQ?

Because adapters are not ideal things :-) But for video tasks if additional adapter is not faulty you are usually ok.

• Hello,

I'm wondering which adapter to choose between the Nikon F/G and the Canon FD.

I just want to use it on the Nikon or Canon 50mm f/1,4

I prefer the quality of my Canon 50mm but I'd like to know if the inscription "new" after the Nikon F/G to micro4/3 indicate a better optical performance or if it's only for the external build quality.

• I've gotten the Nikon (F/G) to M43 one, because the newschool Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 and Sigma ART 18-35mm f/1.8 give you a very nice ability to shoot wide and in somewhat lowlight conditions. Especially with the rather small crop sensor of the GH4/BMPCC, I find it really convenient to be able to use these lenses and use a focal reducer in combination with 'em. Pretty sure 'new' refers only to the addition of the adapter's collar / tripod mount. It's a rather nice addition though, certainly if you're working with some heavier/bigger glass.

Just got back from a trip to China (I took the FZ1000 with me to keep travelling light) and have some days off now to fully test the RJ Lens Turbo out (if weather permits to go out and shoot some).

• I know it may seems to be wired request but can same happy owner (Nikon version) tell me what is a dimension marked red on the picture. I need to know if its more then 20mm.

ring.jpg
    664 x 632 - 63K