Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone used the kinotechnik LCDVF loupe or the Varavon Uni on the BMPCC? Any feedback on those? Uni looks good for low angles still being able to see the screen but looks like the body of it might get in your face when your eye is pressed up against it, otherwise would be going for that.

• belfryman i have the kino. It's good. I couldnt use the camera without a loop or monitor. It is well made and extremely simple to use. The zacuto want yet out when i got my bmcc. Dunno which is better.

• I guess that the Kamerar QV-1M could fit in the BMPCC - I have the loupe, not the cam, but it fitted in every mirrorless cam that I've tried. Very sharp, the magnetic "lock" is very good, but if you have glasses, you will have to shoot with them; at least in my unit, the diopter adjustment is useless. Like it a lot.

http://kamerar.com/collections/lcd-viewfinders/products/qv-1-m-lcd-view-finder

• @brianl@MarcioK Thank you. Definitely need diopter am about +2 now, very annoying! I've got that Kamerar one I use on GH3, got the Varavon as well as have 2 x GH3, both sweet but think would be too small to cover the BMPCC screen.

• Be careful when using a loupe on the Bmpcc! The lcd appears to be very sensitive to the sun. I ruined mine in two points because I was in the sun and the sun went in by mistake only few seconds. Now I see two green stains on it.

• @davjd Nasty. Thanks for the heads up.

• Hi folks, have a look at my latest film, "Paintings of Umbria" posted here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/11029/paintings-of-umbria

Let me know what you think! The more I use my BMPCC, the more I am loving it. Such a fantastic tool.

• Run, don't walk:

"What's new in Blackmagic Camera Utility 1.9.3 Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators. Use Up and Down to reveal and hide the meters while Left and Right will adjust the aperture of your active MFT lens. Fixed bug where in-camera playback may sometimes drop frames."

• BM forum post about 1.9.3:

What's new in Blackmagic Camera Utility 1.9.3

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators.
    Use Up and Down to reveal and hide the meters while Left and Right will adjust the aperture of your active MFT lens.
    Fixed bug where in-camera playback may sometimes drop frames.

Blackmagic Cinema Camera

Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators.

• Who needs a GoPro when you have a BlackMagic Cinema Camera strapped to your helmet?

UIdR3rP.jpg
    600 x 900 - 69K
  • Wow, that's dedication to your craft. He knows about the Pocket right? : ).

• But the URSA has global shutter. Would suit him better in high speed action, maybe?

• Nah - I reckon the Sony F65 would suit better as it has smidgen more resolution. May have to do some neck exercises but man the footage would be amazing.

• ^^^ Shot on BMCC (and A99)

• @itimjim @Cid

Guys, calm down. Good video, won't hurt here, if you want, post it BMC topic also.

• Sir, yes conrad, sir!!!

• UK Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB headsup:

£65 Play->"Pixel Electronics" - can't vouch but have ordered, will report back

£70 MyMemory

• Hm, can someone explain me where to order BMPCC for $495?

Despite topic name all the links from the first post display $995 price... or was it renamed on April 1st? :-))

• Hey @tetakpatak, a few weeks/months back, Blackmagic had a sale to drop the price of the pocket to $495 for a certain limited stock. The sale has since been over so its back up to $995. However the used price took a bit of a hit so if you are looking to get one, you can take a look for used units.

• With the release of Sony's cam - A7s, people are unloading their BMPCs for quarters on the dollar.

• @rockroadpix Don't think that's a great move from all those because the BMPCC in the right hands creates some of the most filmic and beautiful images that I have seen. Not taking anything away from the A7s.

• @rockroadpix: Where are people unloading their BMPCCs "For quarters on the dollar"?

At that price I will take 2, having just checked eBay I can't see a second hand BMPCC going for less than $640 USD (with bidding still open and 2d10h to go).