Personal View site logo
Panasonic LX100 camera topic
  • 566 Replies sorted by
  • The Panasonic preview video states that Depth From Defocus is limited to the still image mode - but DFD would be most relevant for videos, to achieve some decent continous autofocus!

Does the GH4 suffer from the same limitation?

• Specs look good. 25P 4K @ 100Mbits is what I need. Then down-sample for good 1080p footage. The lens becomes 26-81mm equiv. in 16:9 recording. That's wide enough. Hopefully the rolling shutter is about the same as GH4, which is not great but doable. I also hope low light is about the same. Yes, 15mins could be a problem. I usually film short clips, with a max of a few minutes. But I do this in a continuous flow, so hopefully it won't overheat when I'm filming an hour of footage.

• 4k limited to 15 mins. The 30 mins limit for 1080p could be the EU limit (the Panasonic USA site still don't have the LX100).

No touchscreen, too.

• is this camera a gopro 3 drone killer?

• @matthere Nice. 24p and 25p. Next on my buying list then. I must first sell a few things. Yes, that tripod mount sucks. And they always forget to design the bottom of the camera. For the rest it's a very nice thing. Hopefully, the sensor does have Supersonic Wave Filter, because I don't think it will be completely sealed off. If the low light video performance is the same as GM1, it will be something.

• Adorama had more detailed specs than B&H. I'm sure the limitation is due to the heat issue.

• Looks like 4K bit rate is the same as the GH4 :) Although HD rate looks lower..

lx100.jpg
    685 x 423 - 182K
  • More specs to d universe / sold to the dark force

• EVF - 0.7x (35mm equiv.) magnification / near AdobeRGB / eye-detection
    • AF - 49 area DFD Contrast AF
    • Metering - 1,728 zones
    • UHD - 100 mb/sec
    • Manual Focus Assist / Focus peaking
    • 4K photo priority mode (30fps)
    • 22 filters

Opt Stab indicates Power OIs; Regarding EVF

This is a beauty of a finder, and quite similar to that in the Panasonic GX7. It sports a high-definition 1,280 x 720 pixel array, and uses a field-sequential design. In plain English, that means every single pixel provides all three colors -- but only one color at any given time. By cycling through the colors repeatedly, your eye gets the impression of a sharp, full-color image. Lining the right side of the viewfinder is a proximity sensor used to enable or disable the viewfinder and LCD automatically as you raise the camera to your eye, or vice versa.

Source: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-lx100/panasonic-lx100A.HTM

300 shots battery :( and shitty tripod mount though

@fosterchen {Vitaliy mode on} simple, buy 2 and start 1 when the other stops {Vitaliy mode off}

• In the B&H preview video, they mention that you have full control in video.

@fosterchen, where did you got this info?

• beautiful...but no 120p ?

• 4K recording is limited to 15 minutes, and AVCHD is 30 minutes!

• The lx line has very good manual video control, I would expect this to continue with the lx100. I do hope Panasonic give this a decent bit rate!

• Does this little LX100 creature has manual video control?

• the dream came true. only bad things are: 4K 26mm widest, no 5axis for fullhd, no mic port, no slow motion no timelapse

• There is a couple of 4K shots within the B&H first look video..

• Searching for it too. In the DPReview's specs they mention Power OIS, but since there is nothing about in in the lens, I'm in doubt.

• I do not see a critical spec - what is the stabilization in 4K mode? Power OIS? 5-axis?

• If only you could get that lens separately!

Now does anyone know the bitrate at 4K? What kind of crop does 4K have?

• If they release a lens like this for m4/3 mount I would happily pay even more.

• @matthere

Now imagine this lens to be released for m43 cameras with $299 retail.

• Looks like an interesting alternative to the 12-35 lens which I'd been considering.. I really like my old lx5, for a take anywhere camera.. This is obviously a bit bigger but I might have to make room for one! :)

• Anyword on it doing ETC?

• Is this a compact or a HDSLR ?

It is mirrorless camera with fixed lens :-)

• Is this a compact or a HDSLR ?