Personal View site logo
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, late guests
  • Both are late to the party. We'll see Apple sales quickly shrining next months.

iPhone 6 even lacks optical stabilization.

• Both can do 1080p60 (in the times where almost all top phones do 4K).
    • 720p240
    • F2.2 lenses
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • What is the sensor size for these phones. They advertise that the sensors are bigger but they don't say what size they are.

From what I can gather it sounds like the aperture is F2.2 and these have phase detection AF. F2.2 just isn't going to cut it and these sensors are so small you really don't have shallow depth of field at all so AF is inconsequential.

• yawn....zzzzzzzzzzz

• Hey! Just like an S3!

• I like it!!! Well I am an Apple Fanboy so... I like that the camera has Image Stabilization. I'll be interested to see the image quality of the stabilizer, also low light and slow mo features. I don't get the constant "death watch" every time they release a new product. How many years will people keep this up? All my Apple gear has been happily serving me for years and there are millions just like me. The eco system is very comprehensive and just keeps growing. Whats not to get about that?

I was going to get an iPad mini but will get the bigger iPhone 6 and use it on jobs if its as good as advertised. I think its a solid upgrade. Should be a good tool for moving shots with a nice grip. 128GB should nice too.

• Both can do 1080p60 (in the times where almost all top phones do 4K).

That’s just the built-in app’s video recording capabilities, not the phone’s. You can shoot 3K video on a 5s with third-party apps, for instance.

Also, this is rather interesting:

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/specs/

Video Calling
    FaceTime video:
    —Initiate video calls over Wi‑Fi or cellular to any FaceTime-enabled device
    —FaceTime over cellular uses H.264/H.265
  • That’s just the built-in app’s video recording capabilities, not the phone’s. You can shoot 3K video on a 5s with third-party apps, for instance.

In this times, if it was possible Apple will never left this to some third party apps.

FaceTime over cellular uses H.264/H.265

Cool, this is in the time where most major Chinese chips can decode 4K H.265

• The 4.7 model have the same size of my LG G2 - which have a 5.2' screen. And no, a 5.2 ou 5.5 inches screen do not replace a tablet.

• @brianL thanks for the link, it shows that there is now even less of a reason to choose a Galaxy over an iPhone, especially considering that the Galaxy fingerprint sensor is a joke and Google NFC payments are a failure (not to mention crappy apps). Here's a good article by Benedict Evans of Andreessen Horowitz about why Samsung is in hot water now - being squeezed by cheap chinese android phones on the bottom and the iPhone on the top. http://ben-evans.com/benedictevans/2014/9/10/iphone6

• so Apple now think size does matter?

• It has been said that it makes 240 frames per second slowmo. Does anybody know, in which resolution?

• It has been said that it makes 240 frames per second slowmo. Does anybody know, in which resolution?

Top post - 720p240 as I saw.

• Yeaaaaah ! Thanks to Apple I can now buy a phone for more than 1K Euros ! Niiiiiice

iphone.png
    1095 x 721 - 529K
  • Thanks to Apple I can now buy a phone for more than 1K Euros ! Niiiiiice

Or you can go and buy Chinese phone with same specs (FullHD large IPS screen, good camera, good CPU and GPU, erc) for less than $200.

• Yea and just put apple sticker on it - lol

• I have one of these $200 Chinese phones. They aren't as good as mainstream. The apples and samsungs et al are better, they're not $800 better, but they're still better for several reasons.

• They aren't as good as mainstream. The apples and samsungs et al are better, they're not $800 better, but they're still better for several reasons.

Some of them are as good as mainstream (of course it depends that you understand under it), some not. It is lot of manufacturers. I really do not see any difference between good ones and Samsung Galaxy S phones.

• The biggest drawback is most of them can't jump on your local 4g data networks. That's crippling. There is no support, I don't know what you'd do if you had a bad unit. Parts and accessories are super hard to find. Just getting a screen protector is hard. But for sure, you will save yourself a lot of money. My Jiayu takes better photos than an 5s and better screen. Better in many ways. But a person shouldn't think they're getting the equivalent of a galaxy, they're not, they're getting something a lot cheaper and a bit different. If a person is willing to take a small bit of risk to save a lot of money it's a good choice provided you don't need 4g network. I couldn't imagine paying $1000 for a mobile. Crazy to me. So I rolled the dice and don't regret it.

• The biggest drawback is most of them can't jump on your local 4g data networks.

Just wait a little, wide adaption of 4G in Chinese phones will be slightly later. I personally do not know why you need 4G at all, but someone need it.

• Phase detection focusing kicks ass: