• Wi-Fi connectivity
    • 1080p60/50/30/25/24fps video
    • Mic socket, Mic level adjustment,
    • 12fps continuous shooting
    • $599

Previews:

Available at:

• 31 Replies sorted by
  • I will sold my Fuji X10, if this camera have at least a good video mode! Full manual video mode on full HD would be the factors!

• Updated with official specifications and photos.

• PR

FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJIFILM X30, a premium compact, fixed lens camera aimed at enthusiast and professional photographers. The FUJIFILM X30 has an all new Real Time Viewfinder and innovative dual manual control rings for composing and taking pictures quickly and easily.

The FUJIFILM X30 gives enthusiast and professional photographers a vast array of new features, and delivers the same award-winning image quality and design that the FUJIFILM X-Series is known for around the world. The new X30 features a Real Time Viewfinder - which is the largest, brightest, fastest and highest resolving viewfinder in its class*1 - a large 12MP 2/3" X-Trans CMOS II sensor, EXR Processor II and a new 'Classic Chrome' film simulation mode that delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction for beautifully dramatic images.

The X30 also includes a large tilting 3.0" 920K-dot premium clear LCD monitor, increased battery performance, and a strong, yet lightweight, die-cast magnesium alloy body that is superbly designed to add a real sense of style and elegance to the camera.

Vision and speed

The new FUJIFILM X30 uses an innovative Real Time Viewfinder with a large magnification of 0.65x2 and a display lag time of just 0.0053 seconds that is the largest and fastest viewfinder in its class. It offers a clear, high-definition Live View with a new 2.36M-dot organic EL viewfinder and dedicated lens that improves visibility by automatically controlling the viewfinder's brightness according to the ambient light levels. The Live View display can also be set to reflect shooting conditions, or offer a natural view close to what is seen with the naked eye, while the viewfinder's eye sensor automatically switches the visible information when the camera is positioned vertically or horizontally.

The FUJIFILM X30 uses the award-winning X-Trans CMOS II sensor with phase-detection AF and the EXR Processor II to give photographers high-speed performance, amazing resolution and low noise for extraordinary images. The X30's phase-detection system focuses in just 0.064 seconds, has a startup time of 0.5 seconds5, shutter time lag of 0.015 seconds, and shooting interval of 0.5 seconds.

High precision F2.0-2.8 4x manual barrel zoom lens

The FUJIFILM X30's lens is made up of 11 glass elements in nine groups, including three aspherical lens elements and two ED lens elements. The result is an ultra-bright lens with a wide-angle maximum aperture of f/2.0 and telephoto maximum aperture of f/2.8 for beautiful, high resolution images. Additionally, the X30's lens incorporates seven diaphragm blades for stunningly soft 'bokeh' to make your subject stand out from the background.

The X30 has an optical 4x manual zoom lens that allows quick and precise control over composition. The X30 also has a unique image stabilization mechanism that shifts five lens elements to compensate for camera shake by up to four stops*6. The innovative image stabilization system also effectively prevents motion blur while stopping vignetting and loss of image resolution that usually results from shake compensation.

The new FUJIFILM X30 now includes two rings on the lens: a manual zoom ring and control ring. The control ring is positioned behind the manual zoom control and allows the immediate change of aperture and shutter speed settings while fine-tuning image composition. Functions such as ISO sensitivity, film simulation, white balance and continuous shooting can be assigned by pushing the control ring setting button at the front. Two top-plate dials and six function buttons positioned on the back of the body also offer faster access to regularly-used features for a more instinctive operation.

New "Classic Chrome" film simulation

Fujifilm's unprecedented image quality has been cultivated through the development of photographic films over the past 80 years and helps to reproduce warm skin tones, bright blue skies and rich green trees, just as photographers remember the scene. The X30 features the new 'Classic Chrome' film simulation mode, which delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction. Users can also choose from eleven different modes that simulate the effects of traditional Fujifilm films. These include color reversal film effects (Velvia / PROVIA / ASTIA/CLASSIC CHROME), professional color negative film (PRO Neg.Std / PRO Neg.Hi), monochrome filters (MONOCHROME, Ye filter, R filter and G filter) and SEPIA.

• Lots of video frame rates. If it delivers on video quality, despite the small sensor it might be good for video on the go. We'll see. It does have mic input! I love the black version.

Picture battery life looks good.

• Now waiting for what Panasonic brings to the table!

Back in the days, my Sony HVR-A1 camcorder had 1/3" chip. This has 2/3" chip with improved sensor. It would be hard to go back from large sensor I use, but still having a small all in one video camera with mic input would be nice. Hoping that manual video controls is good. Does IS work for video?

• Vitaliy, do you have more details on this X30 video capability? I almost reach my decision to sell my Fuji X10 now! I watch the youtube link that you gave to me and found manual mode for iso, shutter speed, and aperture in video mode?? That is crazy man!

• @yskunto What I'm interested in is whether X-trans exhibits moire and aliasing in video. I'm searching for samples on the Internet on the X20.

• @John_Farragut I forgot the website but in the website, it is mentioned that the reviewer feels that the video capability of X30 is better compared to X20. However, it does not mention if X-trans exhibits moire and aliasing in video. I keep on eye to the information about video bitrate and its codec quality. A great idea is to have Fujifilm sent Fuji X30 to Vitaliy to see how is the video quality! If the video only exibits tolerable moire and aliasing, and has good smooth video with minimum macro blocking, then indeed it is a great combination of photo and video compact camera. Remember that like X10, X30 is coming with the highly regarded 28-108mm equivalent at f2.0-2.8 which should be helpful for video.

• Looks interesting, but the video will have to be a major improvement to the previous models to justify the price tag. I'm not holding my breath. I haven't been too impressed with the fuji 2/3" sensor stills I've seen from the previous models.

• @jeanspillane I've looked at the stills and I'm also not too impressed with the details and noise. For video, I haven't seen that much examples. I like the fact the it has a mic input, something Panasonic would probably not do with the upcoming 1 inch camera. Although in a video on youtube, it looks like the mic levels can only be adjusted in three or four steps. That's not really level adjustment in my book.

• ....found these specs on mirrorlessrumors ....see #7 looks like manual video to me ...just no slow shutter

The FUJIFILM X30 will be available in late September 2014 for $599.95.

*1: Fujifilm research as of August 2014. Compared with other compact zoom digital cameras, being 500g or lighter in weight. *2: Market leading viewfinder magnification ratio. Approx. 0.65x magnification 50mm (35mm format equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1.0 m-1. *3: Fujifilm research as of August 2014. *4: Fujifilm research as of August 2014. Compared with other digital cameras equipped with 2/3” sensor or larger, based on CIPA standards, and conducted in High Performance mode. *5: Quick Start and High Performance mode. *6: CIPA standard. *7: Aperture and shutter speed can be changed during shooting. Only shutter speeds faster than the set frame rate can be set

• It's Fuji, better be careful about video.

In some of the previews (don't remember where) says that peaking do not work while recording video - before pressing the Rec button it works, but not when recording. (my E-M10 works this way, too)

Better wait for some proper video samples.

• MarcioK that is a good idea! Let's hope Fuji gave public release on the .mts file for we could analyze if their video quality is good enough to be prefered.

The Fujifilm X30 delivers sharp, detailed images with rich saturated colours typical of Fujifilm, as well as good noise performance. The camera has a 3inch tilting screen, plus a high resolution electronic viewfinder (EVF), built in Wi-Fi, and improved battery life.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/fujifilm-x30-full-review-26035

g7x_test59.jpg
    800 x 584 - 81K

The Fuji X30 is an excellent premium compact and is one of only three to have a mechanical zoom. Its lens is equivalent to 28-112mm which is suitable for a wide variety of subjects and has a rather bright maximum aperture. The X30 offers complete manual controls and an efficient interface, including dual control-dials and plenty of external controls.

http://www.neocamera.com/camera/fuji/x30/review

g7x_test62.jpg
    800 x 627 - 78K

While the X30 isn't a major upgrade to the X20, the new EVF does provide significant advantages over the previous model and gives users greater shooting flexibility as well as making the camera more pleasant to use.

http://photoreview.com.au/reviews/advanced-compact-cameras/fixed-lens/fujifilm-x30

g7x_test63.jpg
    596 x 448 - 38K