Personal View site logo
If you prefer to stay with earlier versions of iOS – DON'T try to update SKYPE!

ME: Skype has disconnected my iPhone!

SKYPE: Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.

EN: Hello! Welcome to Skype Live Support! I'm EN.

EN: If incase we got disconnected, simply click on the link and you will be reconnected to us in no time:

EN: With that being said, how may I help you?

ME: I have updated Skype on my iPhone4. Since then I cannot log on to Skype on my iPhone.

EN: I see. Were there any error messages?

ME: "Can't connect to Skype" is the error message.

EN: Can you provide me the version of Skype installed on your iPhone?

EN: You can use this steps to check it out: (1)Start Skype. (2)Tap My Info > About Skype

ME: I don't have a "My info". It won't let me log-on.

EN: You can also check the version on your iPhone's settings. The version should be indicated there as well.

ME: 4.2.2604

EN: Thanks. Let me just check my resources for you.

ME: Thanks.

EN: You are most welcome.

ME: It was fine b4 I updated!

EN: When did you updated by the way?

ME: in the last few days. It's purely that this version is not compatible with my iPhone and version of iOS

EN: I see.

EN: I would like to also give you a heads up that currently we are having a general update that requires everyone to update their applications to the latest versions so they could continue using Skype. Some Operating System or OS versions may experience incompatibility issues with the latest version of Skype so upgrading or updating your OS would be needed.

EN: You could be experiencing this update concern on your iPhone.

ME: BUT I can't upgrade my iOS. So what you are saying is that in that case Microsoft is throwing me off Skype.

EN: I do apologize for the trouble this may have caused you.

ME: Well, I guess that I am not the only person that is being troubled and that this is likely to generate a storm of protest.

EN: But for Skype for IOS device, we are only following the objectives from Apple. You can still use your Skype on your Mac, so you can still connect with your friends and families.

ME: Great! So because Apple wants me to buy a new iPhone Microsoft has deliberately disconnected me from Skype.

EN: I trully am sorry for the inconvenience Andrew,

ME: This is totally unacceptable.

EN: I do apologize for that Andrew.

ME: The apology is nice, but a fix would be even better.

EN: We are also collating all feedbacks and will forward it to our upper Management Team to try to look for any alternatives aside from updating the OS of your computer. But for now the new Skype Application will only be compatible with the Updated OS.

ME: Thank you for your time.

EN: Would there be anything else i may assist you with for the meantime?

EN: Also, I hope you could take a moment to answer a quick survey with regards to the Overall quality of support that I have personally provided you today representing Microsoft.

ME: No that's all. Thank you.

EN: I am glad I was able to help you out today. Thank you for contacting Skype Live Support, and I wish you have a great day.

EN: Take care Andrew and have a lovely day ahead.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @agoltz

Fix formatting, please

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Sorted. (I hope!)