Personal View site logo
Problem with external battery in manual focus with Sanity 5.1
  • Hello! I bought the external battery in the picture and i have a strange problem. I use @Ralph_B hack Sanity 5.1. Only in manual focus after a few seconds recording, i get the message "this battery can not be used" and GH2 is turning off. Everything is working OK with noname and original batteries inside the GH2, in auto and manual focus. I reload the original firmware and connect the external battery and there is no problem in manual focus. It appears only when i have Sanity hack, manual focus and with the external battery!

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • It appears only when i have Sanity hack, manual focus and with the external battery!

Can be really bad battery and if you get tack sharp focus consumption rises and it can't keep up, voltage drops and you get error.

Chinese are common to insert horrible cells in such batteries. Plus check the voltage levels, in reality you need significantly higher voltage for such better compared to stock one (otherwise as I said, if voltage drops body make battery check, see that it is not original and you get that you get).