Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, User reviews and opinions
  • 1273 Replies sorted by
  • @nopacnone that is pretty cool (the color correcting you can do in Adobe Camera Raw that is).

• did anyone else got strange noise in slightly underexposed footage? even on iso200 i see noise whereas on gh3 or gh2 the image is super clean. tested with standard and cinelikeD profile. same results.

• what are your settings? have you cranked your pedestal up or i-dynamic and such?

• didnt touch the pedestral setting and i.dynamic is standard. should i turn it off?

• @scumbag personally I would turn i.dynamic off. It does seem to produce mushy shadow noise.

• This is a little macro test with GH4, made by our work colleague:

Shot on Cinema 4K with a custom natural profile.

• This thing takes stills!

Even though the Adobe Raw Converter hasn't been released yet for the GH4, I was able to save a .tif file out of FastStone Image Viewer and then edit it in PS CC. The color is noticeably washed out compared to editing from a raw file, but I was really impressed with the IQ as it compares to the GH3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/focused-on-birds/14129434179/

• @MikeLinn Interesting to see a structure video'd here that's a whole whopping 12 miles from my house. I'm used to seeing exotic places like Thailand, Paris, or St. Petersburg ... but Salem, Oregon? My oh my! ;-)

• Hi mate , just to share my happiness !

My GH4 arrived 3 days ago !! what can I say !! I'm speechless I can not tear myself away from my mac !! every frame looks like almost as my Nikon d610 pict

soon I will public here my first funny experiment !

Thx MacPan You did it again....

• scumbag, I'm having the same problem as you, besides the noise can also see on the liveview especially outside much moire and rolling shutter, after in the computer disappears, less the noise. without pedestal, i.dinamic or nothing. Anyone else have this problem? (sorry for my english)

• @Scumbag: Yes, I've experienced it as well. The trick is to expose to the right. Set your zebras to 95% and overexpose till you just barely see them. Then, pull the gamma down in post. Nice & clean.

• Does anyone know if you can run an SDI monitor/EVF with the GH4 using an HDMI-SDI converter? I already have a Cineroid SDI EVF for bmcc, and wondering if this could work.

• Does anyone know if you can run an SDI monitor/EVF with the GH4 using an HDMI-SDI converter?

If converter is good it must not be important if it is GH4 or not :-) All must work.

Converters are now quite cheap, you can try.

• @Eno Love it !!! stunning quality !

• Hello I show you a little test for sport motion, after months of waiting.

• @neibafe, nice !!! what lens and settings did you use?

Cheers, Pete

• @c3hammer Thanks, it's the 12-35 from panasonic, opened at 5.6 and cinelike V

• just a little test of the vfr at 96fps… used monochrome all -5 no cc at all…. lens used 14-42...

• @ENO

This is a little macro test with GH4, made by our work colleague

It's looking good. What lens did you use?

• 96fps - a quick slowmotion test