Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Very cool re T8. Looking forward to it. Thanks

• Not gonna lie, I'm pretty satisfied with Moon T7. Curious to what T8 will do. Moon T7 is enough! lol

• Can we get an idea of what T8 will feature? =)

• @Tjabo thanks.:) manual focus. in the hall. t8!

• Mr. Driftwood, may you recomend one of your patches that 'gives' more dinamic range? Thanks a lot. Regards.

• i hope there will be special version of T8 for class 10cards :), somethin like T8-C10 :)

• Great news, thanks Driftwood. I will dust off my GH2 !

• Hi Driftwood Great to hear that T8 is coming. I believe you have been working on the HBR (25p) mode. When you release your version can you say what to expect from this mode and what cards and lens (auto focus) etc you used for the testing. Super work Cheers Peter

• I'm excited to see what moon T8 is like! I recently shot a tiny little project for some friends of mine, and I used the GH2 (moon T7) with Canon FD 35-105 f3.5 as the "B" camera to my GH4 with the 12-35 on it.

I had the GH4 on C4K with Cinelike D, but really the GH2 footage "popped" a lot more than the GH4 footage did. I have some investigation to do, so I can see what the cause was with all of those variables involved, but overall it left me with another reason to hang onto the GH2... :)

It was quite a statement when my friend, after looking at all of the footage from the GH4, saw some from the GH2 and exclaimed, "OH! I LOVE this camera!!!"

• Yeah!!! Waiting for it!!! You are the best.

• Im going to release moon T8 by the weekend.

• electria0814, your work is getting quite amazingly good! Did you use any autofocus on any of that like when you were behind the people walking down the hall, or all manual focus? Also, was it all handheld, or stabilizers of some sort used?

• @AlbertZ Thanks. I use 14-42 Kit Lens , leica dg 1.4 and stage lighting & optical flares . :)

• I feel no T8 will be - no reason for it, also nothing revolutionary to add. The revolutionary improvements of GH2 didn't happen. Hope I'm not right for first time...

Anyway, I'm on few steps to the first release of my FilmVision Pro plug-in (the break-through version 6) which definitely reproduces the motion picture look of the most film studios. Of course, if some don't like it, don't use it. Here is a sample processed with FilmVision Pro v6 (original source: vimeo.com/97541693):

• How much better can moon-T8 be? I feel moon-T7 is more than impressive already

• @flaschus The one set of Moon Trial 7 will give you actual 24/30/60 fps files. Premier seems to think the footage is ARRI when it is 24fps vs 23.976. The other set will give you 23.976/29.97/59.94 fps. I tried the actual 24/30/60 patch and I like it. Since most everything I shoot goes to the internet, not broadcast or anything, in my opinion, it's not as crucial. If I were producing video for anything else, I'd use the standard 23.976/29.97/59.94 set.

• Test video I just did, recently got back my reconditioned Isco 2x lens.

GH2(Moon-T7 24H), Isco 2x, Nikon 85mm @F2, no filters, light unmask sharp.

• @electria0814 fantastic footage :) what lenses and light have you used here?

• Moon T7 :)

• @jpturbo Damn - pretty stable and steady shot for just placing tripod in backseat. Nice one. (Also has nice feel/mood to it...like a beginning to nice drama/thriller movie.)

@pilotisafk Looks very nice.

• @paulo

Menu> movie settings(movie camera icon) > Rec Mode > 720p AVCHD.

Then in your editor you tell it to treat the footage as 24 fps.

• Sorry my stupid question, but what is the setting to shoot at 60P on GH2? I never can do a good slow motion... thanks guys.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters