Personal View site logo
Importing with Premiere Pro CC
  • My work just switched from Final cut 7 to Premiere CC ! I use Premiere at home and for side projects, but I ran into a problem. I shoot with a sony EX1 at work and would use XDCam transfer to bring it into Final Cut, it would place it in the correct scratch disk and I could go on my way editing. Time is an issue i usually have 15 mins to shoot and edit before it airs. Now in premiere I don't believe i can do this, but hopefully I am wrong. So does any one know how to Import footage straight from a card into premiere sending the footage to where i set my scratch? Thank you!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • If you navigate the EX1 media via Finder (or CC's media browser), you should eventually find where the actual video files are placed. You might prefer to use some kind of import utility to keep things clean and organized, but in the past I've done a simple drag and drop from the card to my hard drive or even directly to the Premiere timeline (usually just for checking a shot out during a shoot, make sure a key is going to work as expected, etc).

One good thing about Premiere, it is not picky the way FCP7 is when it comes to how you get your media into the NLE.