Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • Here a short video recorded with GH3. Password is: rabbit

Pluis is het ZAT (Fluffy has had enough!) children's book launch of Dutch author and artist Pépé Smit March 22th 2014 at Helden en Boeven, published by De Harmonie. Registered by Harm van den Berg © 2014

• Ninja Blade Panasonic GH3 does not work,Blade record only 50I not 25P,I tried all possible settings.nor those atoms gave no clear answer,gave a link on the internet ...but refers to something. HDMI output from GH3 is just interlace signal ??

Thanks

• Does this look blown out at all? On my desktop monitor it looks OK, but on my tablet and laptop it looks way blown out...

• My ... with the GH4 now SHIPPING ... the comments here among us GH3'-ers seems to have dropped a bit ...

• Can you guys confirm that GH3 work without problem with 128GB size cards.? Sandisk ultra 30Mb to be exact but size is main concern. ASAP please... Thanks

• @konjow GH3 or GH4? I used Sandisk 128GB Class 10 45 MB/s cards with the GH3 and now the GH4, no issues so far.

• Thanks @Superset. Im going to buy it 128 for my GH3 today. and people were not sure if they work in GH4 (IN GH4 tread) But they must be OK as I was quite sure they do work in GH3 already. Thanks.

• @joethepro - looks fine on my iPad

• @rNeil - I hope it still gets hacked though

• no-budget teaser for a theatre play. portuguese language. gh3 +lumix14-140, minolta 70-210 f4,minolta 50 f.17, rokkor 35 f1.8, cheap md-m43adapter. corrected on speedgrade.

• It is video from my trip across India. I used Pana GH3 and Minolta MD f/1.4 lens.

• @mrbill ...

What we hope and what shall be are not always congruent through time, space, and multiple dimensions. I was hoping GH3 hacks would come out as I was buying mine a bit over a year ago! At this point, with a 4k GH4 that doesn't have the pink-plasticene skin of the GH3 ... and has ALL those other built-in options/capabilities to work with ... GH3 hack ain't happnin' ... sad to say.

Well ... after the CFO grants funds-release for a GH4, I'll be happy to use the GH3 as my b-cam ...

• Is there any chance that we could see a firmware update for the GH3 that would give us some of the features added to the GH4?

I have the G6 as my b-cam. No matter what I do, there only way to match color is by removing yellow from the G6 image in post. Tweaking color in camera is often to time consuming on doc shoots. I wonder how the GH4 would match the GH3?

The flat image that GH4 kicks is pretty awesome. If that could come to the GH3 in a firmware update, I think we have a fantastic combination.

Finally, the flatter I try to make the GH4, the pinker the colors get.

• @DailyFilmFix I don't see those flat profiles porting over to the GH3 in a firmware update (or any of the other features like peaking)

@mrbill it might get hacked, I think @Vitaliy_Kiselev mentioned a while ago still working on it. I would sure welcome the hack if it comes but the question is: will the hack still be relevant by the time it comes out... There is already the GH4 with an amazing set of features that will never be matched by any hack. For me I'd use the hack only so I can switch between pal and ntsc... Would love to see panny doing a firmware update just to enable that switch :-) (i know, pipe dreams)

• Hack is always welcome. The GH3 is a great camera and not everybody has the cash to constantly update.

my top 3

1. Focus peaking
    2. High frame rates in ETC
    3. NTSC/PAL switching
  • I'd be happy with just the very basic hack first. 30 min limit removal, and NTSC/PAL and menu language (JP models) switching.

• No doubt it would be a great job and a big favour if Vitaly do this for us, GH3 still rock

• GH4 is the hacked GH3, that's how I see it anyways. My guess is that Vitaliy's work as well as all the others involved (including the members that supported the forum in one way or another) had a lot to do with where the GH series is heading. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some of people here were offered jobs at Panasonic, or at least an award to recognise their input. My GH4 is being delivered, I feel like buying a GH1 as well as keeping both my GH2 and GH3, just to remind me how it all started :)))).

• No-budget Advertisement for a ficticious product - carbonated water called Nimpha. Made in the context of the course of Design of the Aveiro University-Portugal. gh3; sigma18-35+rj lensturbo adapter; minolta 70-200 f4; minolta 35 f1.8; cokin harmonie variable nd grading: speedgrade. (mask on the 10th plan not finished due to constant software crash) password: design

• @petersellersbuyers Very nice. Good to see something with concept other than another "test." (Like the stuff I post...lol) Well done.

• Thank you for the feedback!

• Hi,

I've got my GH3 since one year and I'm totally happy with it. It lacks some little things, of course, but for the price, the IQ is so good and it's pack with nice features. I continue with this until the next update of GH series. For me, it's not finish with the GH3, I need more accessories (glidecam, slider, lenses ... ) ...

If the hack comes real, here it's why we all need :

• Focus peaking
    • High frame rates in ETC
    • NTSC/PAL switching
    • Zebras
    • Magnify while recording
    • Sound adjustments while recording
    • Keep settings after change of mode
    • ALL I full hd @ 50p/60p
    • Higher framerate
    • CineD profile

Last short edit with my GH3, everything in IPB 1080@50, rest of the details in video description. Comments are welcome :-)

• Sounds exactly like the gh4...