Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • Mrfanny... Gibbs website saying Next shipment due mid-late May so I wonder if you have had any further news regarding yours.

• Spoke to Jessops UK and stock will be in tomorrow, delivering friday. Here's hoping..

• Today I received an email from a German dealer that is usually quick with delivery of new products and accurate in its timing statements (Cyberport), stating that they expect to be able to ship GH4s not before June>>

Maybe this only applies for this shop. Just got an email from my online retailer that my GH4 has arrived today. And I also got an email from Panasonic Europe GmbH here in Hamburg that the GH4 will hit the stores in Germany in the middle of may. The downside is that they can´t supply all dealers - only a limited amount of units at the moment...

• Just spoke to Wex. My GH4 is on its way. Still showing Pre-Order on the site so demand is probably outpacing supply at this stage.

• @manila57 digitalcamerawarehouse is having an actual gh4 launch this sat with demos and such. their sight says in stock and they say that they will have units for sale on the day also. not sure on location exactly, possibly melbourne.

• According to Wex Photographic in the UK, i'll be getting my camera tomorrow. Fingers X.

• @Vitaliy yes, Panasonic has just swapped continents. Usually it's the US where you can't track down a GHx. This year it's Europe.

• @Vitaliy its classic preorder frenzy :-D

• They were told beginning of may now it looks more like June (make sense that Panasonic have the grip and battery deal to cover over this time) Amazon UK do not even have it listed. Not even for preorder.

Now all is in proper state, as with every GH :-)

• After a recent conversation I can confirm from the UK that CVP have no real idea now when they will be able to fulfill preordered GH4s. They were told beginning of may now it looks more like June (make sense that Panasonic have the grip and battery deal to cover over this time) Amazon UK do not even have it listed. Not even for preorder.

Saying that there are a couple of uk sellers on ebay who have some physical GH4s...im guessing imports.

• MRfanny....No email at present so it looks like Panasonic have not fulfilled the 5 units that were on pre-order. Time will tell. It would be nice if it arrives before the end of the month in order to reclaim the gst when I go to Europe for a few weeks.

• @manila57 got my email today. should be expecting it in a day or two. stocks been dispatched by panasonic australia in the last couple days so they should all be hitting stores by end of this week I recon.

• @Tai. I have a Transcend SDXC 64gb class 10 card and have no problems recording with GH4.

• Mr Fanny....Also got one on pre-order from GerryGibbs. It was they that mentioned the dealer event. I see on another site there was a facebook mention from Panasonic AU. Just have to hope it gets here quicker than the BMPCC

• XRaySpecs Thanks !

FWI for people in LA: I called HotRod Cameras today. Very nice guy said they would receive new bodies sometimes next week and they have a call list you can sign-up to to be alerted when it happens.

Any other idea who might have GH4 bodies in stocks in LA?

• Standard style, all 0s, 1920x1080, 29.97p, 200Mbps, All-INTRA. Uploaded as photo jpeg 93% quality setting.

• Today I received an email from a German dealer that is usually quick with delivery of new products and accurate in its timing statements (Cyberport), stating that they expect to be able to ship GH4s not before June. So the "May 5th rumor" turned out to be not true. Well, it's too late for my next trip anyway, so I can wait now for competitive prices after all the pre-orders have been fulfilled.

• I recorded several minutes of UHD and 4K with zero issues on a pre-release GH4 with this card, so I'm suspicious as to what could be going on.

• Doh. My hunch is it's a compatibility problem, not a deliberate lockout. They probably tweaked last minute for another card, and didn't realise they broke this one. If so a firmware update will hopefully fix it.

• Yes, just formatted as exfat on my mac, inserted the card, formatted in camera, push shutter and same results. "Memory Card Full"

• Have you tried formatting in the GH2, or (exFAT) on a PC/Mac?