Personal View site logo
Claiming panasonic limited world wide warranty
  • Bought a panny 2.8 35-100mm lens last year and was unlucky enough to ge one with the Power OIS jitter problem (havent used the lens very much and just recently found out while filming at the quicksilver pro surf comp here in Oz. Bought the lens in the UK so need to fill out the limited world wide warranty. Everything is pretty straight forward exept the the box that says:

"original importer/country, area"

Is it as simple as Panasonic UK Ltd. or what? anyone else done this?

Only got 1 month left on the warranty so need to get this done asap ;)

Cheers

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @Gamer_s

I think Panasonic has no worldwide warranty policy, it's warranty only valid for the country you purchased from. All my Panny lens were bought from Japan and in Asia, where I'm based, doesn't honour the warranty.

btw, I have the 35-100mm too. The OIS on this lens does jitter, the OIS is not as good as the 12-35mm, even the cheaper 100-300mm OIS is better for video.

Not sure your lens has the exact problem, but a search on the internet you will find that it's a common problem with the lens OIS. It was brought to Panasonic attention but till date there isn't a fix.

• @PixCanFly

Clearly they do ;) only not for all products and all countries.

what I was asking was what to write in the marked area. Will Panasonic UK Ltd. suffice do you reckon?

There is no question my lens is faulty as OIS on is as bad as OIS off, but this has already been discussed in the proper thread so no need to reiterate here. I just want to make sure I fill out the form correctly so I can get a new, working, lens.

Pana_WWW.jpg
    2160 x 3840 - 2M