Personal View site logo
Fast zoom lenses, F2.8, for podium
  • I am looking for advice on a a pair of zoom lenses for shooting speakers at a podium. They need to be fast. I will probably use them in EX-TELE mode and they need to be zooms so I can tune up the framing for various speakers. Tripod always and wide open. I am considering. Compactness is also a consideration for travel.
    Tokina 28-70 2.8
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Nikon 35-70 2.8
    I currently only have an FD adapter so I will need to figure out if I should get the Nikon or Pentax versions in the case of the Tokina or Tamron.
    I already have the Olympus 35-100 f2 but may not use it because of transportation logistics.

Also, would some version of a C-mount be usable in this application?

Any other suggestions, thoughts or shared experiences would be much appreciated.
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • "transportation logistics" lol

We don't talk much about ETC. Higher than ISO 400 would increase noise level signifiicantly.
  • Yes, but good to have.
  • I finally decided on an Olympus 50-200 2.8/3.5 and am really pleased with the quality. The only possible downside is if the action on stage suddenly got wider. Can anyone recommend a 67mm thread, high quality wide angle converter that I could use to quickly expand the wide end without having to stop shooting and change lenses? Thanks