Personal View site logo
Hoi An People
  • Viet Nam - this word stirred all kind of associations in my mind. When I finally had a chance to visit this country on a very short business trip, I was very curious. I had one day in the old world heritage city of Hoi An. I did what I always love to do: submerse myself into the local markets, flavors, sounds ... have fun with this little snippet of Viet Nam!

follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunmac

Shot on Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera in raw, using a ZOOM H2 for the all natural sound via "line in" on the BMPCC. I used almost exclusively the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 and on some shots the Rokinon 85mm T1.5, both with the BMPCC speed booster - a fantastic combo by the way!

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • I miss Vietnam.... good time there. This is superb footage. A great lil' camera in great hands. It's always about the operator - thanks for sharing.

• Looks awesome. How did you color grade?

• @lunalobo75 thank you for watching and the nice comment!

• @tonalt I used Adobe Lightroom to debayer and grade this!

• Great slice of life from a different world @GMC.

• Great video!

I dig the scalloped fretboard on the guys guitar.

• Wow, really beautiful.

I was in Vietnam last month, in Ho Chi Minh City and Saigon and a boat ride to the Mekong Delta. Here are some stills I shot there with a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and a GH2 https://www.flickr.com/photos/28011082@N02/sets/72157642549755763/ (Actually most of the river photos I shot with the Lumix 45-200, and some evening shots of skateboarders with a Nikon 35mm f2.8 G lens)

• Thanks @_gl!

• @alienhead thanks for your comment, have to look at your photos now!

• @jpbturbo, yes, funny.

• @alienhead, wow, nice photos you have there!

• Thanks @GMC! Looking at my comment I see I put down the wrong info on one of the lenses, the Nikon 35mm is the f1.8. It's a nice inexpensive lens (about $200 US new). But I have the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 now so I only use it sometimes when I'm traveling because it's so light.