Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • Yea, I've bought several items from the US and have no problem paying the import tax, I think it's worth doing as we really can't be sure if the GH4 can be hacked into.

• yea I did to, OB but got no reply as of yet and I emailed a couple of days ago now.

Re buying from the US. You might get stung on import fees and possibly have warranty issues if you need to claim. Just use 32gb cards ;-)

I think out of all the lumix cams with the most chance of being hacked the GH4 is very near the top and removal of the 30 min limit will be one of the first things to go! ;-)

ten

• i've emailed for a place on the Park Cameras afternoon in London, but have had no confirmation I've got a place. Hope it hasn't sold out?

• would it be best for UK buyers to buy from, say, US where there's no 30min limit?

• hi guys, do you have any suggestions for pre ordering from european sellers, any news for release date? thanks

• More discussion about the GH4 at NAB.

• @tonalt That's a solid grade right there, love the colors.

• Lumix GH4 wins Videomaker Best of NAB award http://t.co/6MF1SpOwHw

• My vision how the colors should be graded for the Cine D profile. Main focus to get the skin tones pleasant to my eye.

gh4_corrected.jpg
    4096 x 2160 - 709K
  • @Tron True that! Very good reason to buy it. Truly amazing camera!

• @blackspot Well then let me be the first to say, Panasonic should get a Nobel peace prize if their latest camera technology is able to detect liver failure... think about the lives we can save!!

• AdamT,

I downloaded it for viewing. Look at the rooftops while crossing the bridge at 3:00 through to the end. Everything else looked great.

• The people in the video had quite a variety of skin tones. I think the color looked pretty accurate.

• I think the tourist video wasn't white balanced in some shots. it was very clean though.

actually, looking at it again it seems to be white balance, but the colors do seem off on some shots.

• Driftwood managed to avoid yellowish highlight tint by keeping exposure down, but people in tourist video looks they might have some "liver failure". +1 to you, if you know what I mean ;)

• @natureflixs Curious in what way it didn't look good?

• That Tourists footage did not look good to me.

• Like the Chinese Tourists footage. Is there some kind of requirement that GH4 clips must at least one windmill?

• Just preordered mine today and I'm excited to get my hands on it.

• Some clean footage here.

• Atomos and Panasonic Love Fest. Actually a very good interview.

• More from Matt.