Personal View site logo
Filmmaking Series!
  • Hey personal view, I'm doing a series on YouTube about how I go about shooting my films. I am currently finishing up my film "Ominious", and I plan on showing some BTS on how I went about editing, creating the sound, shot selection, and grading the film. Here's the first video on the series I'm putting together, and I hope to get some support from the users I frequently talk to on the forums!

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Do you use google maps with their 360 shots and geolocated user photos?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev No I can't say I've used google maps for anything other than gps. I just snap photos and write down the gps coordinates and county I'm in on notebook!

• @Gardner

Huh. It is useful. Their interface is not very good, I mean user photos.

Here we have Yandex maps - they are much better for the task, you can save quite a time checking user photos of various places.

Thing I mean here is choosing locations that you, later, of course visit to check personally.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I will definitely have to check it out then! I usually go to the tourist websites where it showcases some of the attractive areas that the state has to offer,but the other (sometimes best) locations are usually by accident when I'm out and about.

• @Vitaliy isn't it a law that every car in Russia has to have a camera? :-)

• isn't it a law that every car in Russia has to have a camera? :-)

Nope, and it is not related :-) In fact, it is because of law that you do not see cameras in many other countries. Because insurance companies find it troublesome (make picture more clear, harder to reduce compensation).

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I need to get a gopro and mount it in my car just in case! :)

• I need to get a gopro and mount it in my car just in case! :)

GoPro is bad for such things. You can check corresponding forums, ebay and aliexpress for suitable things. They are specially made and easy to work with, no hassle.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Have you ever used the Gopro for film purpose though? They were used in Need For Speed and many other films I believe.

• @Gardner

You got me wrong. I am talking about special camera for continuous recording in cars. GoPro is not good solution for it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Oh I get what you're saying now. But yea I've been in accidents where it's been he say she say, and a dash cam could of really helped.