Personal View site logo
Black Magic Studio Camera – m43 and Broadcast-Savvy
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • Don't those cameras usually have a sensor even smaller than m43? Isn't m43 large compared to previous models people are using in these scenarios?

• As discussed in another thread, it's a studio camera where controlled lighting is the norm, There's no need for a more sensitive sensor for that sort of scenario, just add light. However I agree, if I were them I would have put in a s35 sensor. I'm guessing they have a deal on that specific sensor with who ever provides it for them.

• Very interesting, but my main question would be:

What kind of sensor is used? (and in my case, most interested in HD version).

Same small sensor as in Pocket Cinema? Or a new sensor with bigger photo sites, making it more light sensitive and avoiding huge crop on lenses as with Pocket cinema.......

• True, but for those that mix in-studio and out in a location in a show, and want to use the same camera... is a four hour built-in battery going to be sufficient?

• Although I guess with the scenario for this camera they will usually be running AC power anyway.

Without question. The only things I've ever seen running on batteries in-studio are the lav mics.