Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • Hey guys, here is a video i made with my gh3 + voigtländer 25mm 0.95 and pancake 14mm

• @joethepro - Here is my Vimeo version of a Neat Video denoise test I conducted at home. I was curious to see how it fared with in this difficult situation. Due to even Vimeo's compression, you might want to download the file to see the original mp4. Neat was quite impressive, IMO. In retrospect, I wish I had put another copy of the original take at the end to illustrate just how bad the noise was at the end of the pan compared to the last Neat denoise with sharpening.

Scott

• Hey all, here's my latest short, filmed with my trusty GH3 and Canon L lenses. Any votes would be much appreciated, and let me know what you think!

https://productionawards.sony.eu/embed2014/728/

• Hallo

is possible to shoot 1920x1080 mov.50P and work function telecovertor on GH3 ?I observ that this function can be used only in 25p all intra 1920x1080 mov.

thanks

• is possible to shoot 1920x1080 mov.50P and work function telecovertor on GH3 ?I observ that this function can be used only in 25p all intra 1920x1080 mov.

@liondor1969

ETC works in ALL cinema modes BUT 60/50p even with the mp4 cousins from Lituania.
    Please next time don't state inaccurate things, people may just follow you to the abyss :P

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/162109#Comment_162109

• check out the teaser of my new movie it was shoot on gh3

• great @Donzo, what parameter do you use on your GH3 ? .mov intra or not ? Nat, vivid, Standart... ? 25p, 24p... ? lenses ... ?

• @maxr - liondor was only asking IF etc mode was possible at 50p, not stating that it was

• thanks @yiannis_zack @surfculture, I shoot in standart, intra mov, all -5 and 24p.. I use panasonic 14-45, canon 2.8 17-55 and 50-150

• liondor was only asking IF etc mode was possible at 50p, not stating that it was

@liondor1969 @mrbill

If so, my bad =)

I observ that this function can be used only in 25p all intra 1920x1080 mov.

Next time though a question mark at the end would help, telekinesis module out for repair :P

• Anyone have any experience using the Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 on the Gh3?

• This was shot with the iA mode. It worked pretty well. Moderate adjustments in post (Yak's original skin LUT, mild exposure and color enhancements, and mild large radius sharpening).

• I've just completed my debut feature film shot entirely on the Panasonic GH3. It's currently hitting the festival circuit and I figure what better place to post the trailer than right here. I've been on personal view since I had my GH1 hacked years ago. I've learned a lot from this site alone and I hope you enjoy the trailer! GH4 is on pre-order :)

• @kromanek ... ok, that was interesting, and the more so as it went along ...

• @kromanek Congratulations. This looks like an interesting story. Please let us know when it's released and can be watched. Best of luck with festivals!

• Hello @kromanek, can you say us what pamameter did you use on your GH3 and the lenses? Thank you.

• @kromanek - Nice trailer. Looks interesting. I'm also looking forward to finding out when it will be released.

• I'm loving the GH3's capabilities, I'm using it to try to make a short film with some friends. Heres a short trailer. Filmed on a GH3 Intra 24p all -5 with a canon 50mm 1.4

• Hi,

long time PV user - first time poster.

I'd like to ask some opinions - Here in the UK Panasonic are about to launch a spring promotion (it's a bit hush hush) the deal is, you buy a GH3, and get the battery grip and a 22mm 1.4 Panny lens thrown in for good measure. (could be a 24mm though) anyway, I currently shot with a G6 making music videos and youtube stuff, but I do occasionally shoot higher end stuff. Do i trade in the G6 (and pray it then doesn't get hacked the week after) and trade up to the GH3, or stick with the G6?

I like the weather sealing feature, and the higher bitrates, but i'll miss peaking...

I read somewhere that the GH3 has a smaller sensor - is this right?

Will i see a big jump in quality? And if not is this deal too good to miss?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

• @Spinsterboy - I don't have a G6, so I don't know what features it has and how good its video is in relation to the GH3. However, that deal REALLY sounds good! Are you sure it isn't an April Fools prank? Having a GH3, I would jump at the deal.

Be aware that the battery grip moves the 1/2-20 thread position from under the lens, which can pose problems for panoramic pictures. However, B&H here in the states sells an adapter plate that moves the attachment point back to its original place:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1029445-REG/marketech_01bga_battery_grip_adapter_for.html

Anyway, like I said, a screaming deal. One way to look at it is you could make the purchase and if you didn't like the GH3/battery grip, keep the lens and sell the GH3/battery grip. You should still come out ahead.

Scott

• Thanks @GlueFactoryBJJ , I've been looking a EOSHD's GH4 coverage and wondering what to do - they also have a GH4 promo on... I think I may jump just for the higher bitrate 24p - means I don't have to hire in cameras for broadcast stuff. I have a G6 music video in the edit that I'll post on Friday (once the client has posted) and I think it held up pretty well - if it wasn't for the nitrate I think I'd stick it out and wait for the hack...

Does the GH3 have a smaller sensor the the G6 though??

• @Spinsterboy On paper in it's the same, in reality I think it's just a tad bigger, about 2-3% more FOV.

• Fun quick grading test. Used a Tiffen Ultra Contrast 3 filter. Not necessary by any means for this shot, just testing it.