Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • I was making a music video. I have a gh3 and since week a gh2. I decide to shot only with gh2, moon t7 and intrabevenus 2 hack. And Im so happy wiht my decision, I like the film look from this hack!

hania4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 751K
  • @matt_gh2 Thx matt ! Everything is without color grading and shot with old rusian MIR 35 mm 2.0 and is more filmic than my gh3 wiht 14-140 !

hania8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 608K
  • @rezyserzycia Very cool. I shoot Intravenus v2 hack setting with 1970s Russian Lomos (28mm and 50mm). Love the look. You should post music video sometime if it's ready.

• Somebody can confirm about the card Sandisk @ 80MB/s for T7?

• moon T7 hbr test :)

• MOON T7 24p - 24H

• @treibholtz look great! what lens ? wow, moon t7 is incredible!

• A short promo video for a youth conference I shot with two GH2s running DrewNET T9:

This is graded using ColorGHear, rather than raw. Lenses were the kit 14-42 and a Sigma 19mm (first generation).

• Have we determined which memory cards span with these patches? I know the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gig works, but has anyone succeeded with other cards?

• Mine is spanning properly with the 45MB/s SanDisk Extreme 64GB cards, using DrewNET T9. Can't speak to the other patches on this card.

• 45MB/s SanDisk Extreme 64 /128GB

• Oops See Comment Below | V

• @driftwood Any info on T8 development. The test footage you posted looked great to me. Thanks for all your great work and settings over the last few years. I've got a project I'll be shooting in a few months and if budget stays low, I might still be on a GH2, so T8 could be the look I'm after.

(BTW - Intravenous v2 performed like a champ on our feature shoot. Great images. 20 days of shooting and only 1 error. Thank you for that.)

• Here is my latest Short. All shot with panasonic lenses on a gh2 with moont7.

Original Version

Alternate Soundtrack Version

• Hello everyone, I want to ask you something that makes me think that moon T7 a lot of noise in the dark areas against flow motion 2.02 given 2 shots below to compare

moon T7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 85K
    flow m.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 87K
  • @paparak_ivi what is the iso setting and did you avoid the iso bug?

• Mr Drift - still loving your patches v BMPCC and other formats we've been shooting in personal projects - holds up and beyond still - even blagged em into several prime time BBC and CH4/Ch5 title shots shhh :) You've taken the codec and hardware to it's far limit, far beyond the manufacturers expectations. Probably last of the the homebrew good stuff we're going to see for a while, hats off to you inspiring a load of possible next gen shooters and pushing the makers into making the good new shit we're seeing along with Vitaly. Of course Voldermort claims it's ALL his idea but hey ho blog wars are funny. /chapeau

• @rezyserzycia Thanks. I used standard 14-42 with cheap CPL filter.

• Complete noob here (just got my GH2 yesterday), but I have a couple of questions:

Is there any benefit to shooting 23.976 fps vs 24p? Why the two different settings files for Moon T7? Also, when you shoot a video, do you guys use the 24P cinema mode or the HBR mode? How do you know you're using the settings from Moon T7 hack?

• 23.976fps is the industry standard. If you're not syncing audio or doing professional post production or doing a film recording you're not hurting anything going 24.0fps but if you plan to exhibit like in a festival or work collaboratively you're better off just sticking with 23.976fps and not being "that guy" that's making the process more complicated than it needs to be.

24P cinema mode unless you're shooting slow mo, generally.

When you've updated your firmware with Moon or any other patch that's what you're using, there's no additional switch in a menu.

• @clkvang As a newbee, stick with the 23.976 patch. It's an awesome patch/hack. In addition to @BurnetRhoades comments: With Moon T7, 24H (23.976 frames per second) is now your highest bite rate setting on the camera at around 150Mbs. 24L is at around 70-80 Mbs (also 23.976 frames per second). HBR mode (which used to be your highest quality stock firmware setting) becomes a higher bit rate mode (around 70Mbs as apposed to the 28Mbs stock setting) but at 29.97 frames per second - also referred to as 30p.

24p (23.976 fps) is the standard Cinema frame rate. 30p (29.97fps) is the NTSC Television broadcast frame rate.

I know this is a bit confusing but you'll get the hang of it. Good luck.

• @paparak_ivi I have the same test results, made many times over. I only really shoot in low light and use FloMotion. Because of how everyone on this topic is so enthusiastic about Moon, at first I couldn't believe the noise in the blacks that I was getting with Moon compared to FloMotion so I repeated the tests at least 20 times - from my tests to my eye and in my opinion only FloMotion is clearly much better in shadows. But to each his own.

• @Jacekk

do you have any samples we can check out?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters