Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • I received my rj focal reducer yesterday - Nikon to MFT - and shot some video today on campus at my work here in Florida. I am a rank amateur but I am very pleased. Shot on Lumix G6, 24p, Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS

• Just got my FD-m43 adapter and I must say I'm happy :-) Build quality is great, no rattling or anything and suddenly my collection of FD lenses got even better!

Some wide open stills with the G6 in 16:9 mode: FDn 24mm f2.0 FDn 35mm f2.0 FD SSC 50mm f1.4 (at f2.0)

24.JPG
    1843 x 1037 - 660K
    35.JPG
    1843 x 1037 - 631K
    50.JPG
    1843 x 1037 - 679K
  • Only bad does not work with EFs lenses, but doesn't really matter as I have more EF than Efs lenses plus can put all kinds of other lenses on it via other adapters on the EF version. But the cool is the extra stop which on certain lenses make the lens even better and you can stop down one stop to make the lens even extra sharper than its original f-stop.

• @oscillian thanks for the stills. Could you please shoot some short video clips as well?

• Yesterday with the Tokina 11-16 I got the infamous "blue dot". Very annoying. Did someone discover what causes it?

• @red_pill The coating used.

• @vicharris So I assume there isn't a way to get rid of it?

• For those who ordered, how long did it take for the adapter to arrive?

• @kin869 I ordered mine on Fab/12 & I got it Mar/3

• @red_pilll, these things can help which together can make it a non-issue for most:

1) lens hood

2) shoot at a wider aperture

3) don't point it at light sources

• The last point is the only one I don't want to avoid at times…

• I'm pointing at light sources all the time.

• @Aksel Thanks! Can't wait to get mine!

• Hi everybody and sorry for dumb question. I would like to use Pentax K lens with "Lens turbo" and my GH2. I know that for now there is not a model for this combination. If I buy a Lens Turbo "Pentax K lens to Fujifilm XF", exist a "Fujifilm XF to M43 adapter" ? And if exist, it is possible ? Sorry for bad english...

• If I buy a Lens Turbo "Pentax K lens to Fujifilm XF", exist a "Fujifilm XF to M43 adapter" ? And if exist, it is possible ? Sorry for bad english...

You can do something like it. If you go slightly back you'll see discussion about using multiple adapters and minuses associated with it.

• Thanks a lot Vitaliy :) !!

• Just ordered a RJ passive Canon EF (EOS) adapter. I am thinking about using one of these for the adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Tripod-Collar-Mount-Ring-A-W-for-Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-4L-IS-USM-Lens-/150813887331?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item231d354b63

They are available in different diameters. Does anybody know the diameter of the RJ Ef adapter?

thanks.

• I ordered the 14th of Feb and it came in Mar 3. Got some shots and they will be up soon!

• @ehr I'd like to know as well.

• Hi Guys, i have a new question here.

I like to know if there will be a Rollei QBM mount to M43 RJ speedbooster adapter in the pipeline?

It would be awesome to see some of the rollei/carl zeiss lenses shine again with more speed.

• Rollei QBM mount to M43 RJ speedbooster adapter in the pipeline?

Something tells me that it is very rare mount :-)

• Tha is correct, you don't see those lenses often, only on marketplace or ebay. But i have a handfull of these, would be nice to turn my 50mm 1.8 carl zeiss planar to a 1.2, never seen before on these. :)

• Ok! So I've had my RJ-EF for a week and a half and have shot alot of photos ( 3 or four concerts worth) I've had great success with my Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Vintage Nikon 50mm 1.4 and Vintage Pentax 135mm f2.8 (i'm in love with the lens now! ) on both my GH3 and GH2. I decided on the EF mount, as I have a bunch of nikon glass, and am using Nikon f/g to EF adapters. I've attached a few shots!

I'm having problems with focusing though, with my recently purchased Tokina 11-16 f2.8. The lens works great with my standard Nikon to m4/3 adapter, but when on the RJ at 11mm, the center is SUPER soft, with the edges sharp - AT ONE FOOT ( it seems that the focus scale is flipped now for some reason?) When I focus to Inifinty on the scale everything is out of focus! This all stops when I zoom in to 14mm (minus the backwards focus scale).

Please! Anyone have any insight on this? Could it be the cheapo Nikon to Ef Adapter? What - if any - is the next best Nikon (g) to EF adapter to the novoflex?

Umphrey's - Crystal Ballroom - 3-7-2014 - SET 1 (13 of 28).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 710K
    Umphrey's - Crystal Ballroom - 3-7-2014 - SET 1 (12 of 28).jpg
    820 x 1220 - 725K
    Shafty-3-5-2014-QUICK (1 of 3).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 808K
  • Here are actual still showing the issue with the Tokina 11-16mm, all wide open. Pretty bad if you ask me! Is there a back focus? Or is this adapter faulty? Or is this normal? Even at 14mm, it's not usable...

First picture is @ 11mm - focus is at .3m/1.0ft Second is @ 11mm - focus is at Infinity Third is @ 14mm - Focus at .3/1.0 Fourth is @14mm - focus at Infinity

GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (3 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 1M
    GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (4 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 613K
    GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (1 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 1M
    GH3-Tokina-RJ Test (2 of 4).jpg
    1220 x 820 - 613K
  • Ok - I saw a post saying adjusting the back focus/optical block is possible, but no actual directions on how to do it. Also - my other lens seemed to be just fine - should i be concerned that after adjusting for the tokina - those would not work?