Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • Recently bought a BMPCC. First one had lots of debris under the protective glass covering the sensor. BMD customer service was extremely piss poor (requesting proof in multiple forms and asking dumb questions)..but the supplier replaced it with a cam with no issues.

Liking the camera. Not suitable for everyday use...good for short things. I bought one of those cheap 12v batteries and has given me around 6-7 hours record time. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171217757751?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Worthy purchase if you want a BMPCC. As is neat video.

Bought a Kino loupe also...which is good. Here's how we were using it.

P1000395.jpg
    2040 x 1414 - 534K
  • BMPCC RAW Video: Palm Beach

Lumix 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses.

Graded in Resolve Lite. Plenty of reds...

• @markr041 That's a nice look for docs and sports - you really feel like you're right there when watching this video. Thanks for posting.

• @matt_gh2 Thanks. That is the look I wanted (you would not think the BMPCC was capable of that given the many videos I have seen posted from it).

• Anybody use a Steadicam Merlin 2 with their BMPCC? I've looked on the other topics and there is no mention of people using the BMPCC. If you have used one what is your recipe? I'm looking to use it with a switar kern paillard 10mm which weighs 170 grams or 6 oz. If not, what stabilizers are you using?

• If you have used one what is your recipe?

I think we had same talk about GH cameras. To be short, they are light, and need weights addition.

• @MaulKentor There's are some discussion linked through this page: http://cheesycam.com/diy-baby-merlin-steadicam-smoothee-shaved-base/ of how to modify a Stedicam Smoothee for larger cams (GH2 included) and not have to spend the higher price for a Merlin and then weight it down.

• @CFreak

Stedicam Smoothee is not best idea due to various things, one being that small and light steadicam is very ineffective due to simple physics. Otherwise use search, we have as I remember, @Rambo explaining modification and usage.

• I experienced the Glidecam HD1000 and the BMPCC is a good match.

• hello i found the Hoodman HD350...Does work on the bmpcc?? https://hoodmanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HD350

thanks

• Hi Folks, I have just uploaded my latest film "Indian Encounters", shot over two days in Jamnagar and Delhi, India. Let me know what you think! http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9532/indian-encounters-bmpcc

• By the way, some more info on audio and filters discussed at my previous link!

• So, i've this Sigma 30mm 1.4 for Nikon, the older version.

Wich metabones should i buy, where (how much? :D ), to have...what crop factor in total? Thanks

• The 0.58x-BMPC-specific Speedbooster will turn the 30mm into a 17mm standard focal length lens on the BMPC.

• @cantsin, yes but the bmpcc sensor you count your focal length x3, so it will be 51mm

• Oh good god.

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.17.55 AM.png
    647 x 276 - 69K
    Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.18.23 AM.png
    704 x 329 - 82K
  • My 1st "serious" project shot on BMPCC (about 90% of footage by clip shot on Pocket) Graded with DaVinci Resolve 10 with Hook LUT, editing at Avid Media Composer. Second camera Lumix GH3 (MBL Graded) , wide shot on drum player GH2 (shaprest) All shots with shallow DOF made with Nokton lenses on Pocket.

• Hi, which monitor or evf do you use with the BMPCC?

• I picked up a lilliput 5dII 7inch for 130 bucks(open box) on amazon it works great...one of the few "cheap options" It actually looks really nice and has a built in hood.

• @act Well done on that video

• @act Nice looking video.

• BMPCC firmware update to 1.6.1.

Promises "general stability improvements." I installed it with no problem. Since I never had any instability before (aside from shaky cam!), I am not sure what is improved.

• mainly for 4K BMPC - but there is only one firmware for all cameras

• Can anyone help? Does anyone know if the Sigma art lenses are working in terms of aperture on the pocket now?

I'm particularly thinking about the 19mm. Such a great lens, but sad it has problems on the pocket.

• Only manual lenses plus Panasonic and Olympus lenses work on the Pocket.