Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @bkmcwd I have been using GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12 exclusively. Looks very nice! Only froze once, but I think it was because it was over 40 dry Celsius in the shade! Beyong the camera published woking temperature. I've tried a lot of patches and this one does it for me. I set all my white balance settings with -2 green and +2 yellow which gives a nicer look out of the camera. Spans in PAL too!

For absolute best colour grading and fine detail, Moon T7 is my preference but it does not span which I need.

bkmcwd .... thanks mate, love your work!

• @caveport

Thanks for your report mate!

It is my pleasure that GOLGOP3-13-A2 is helpful to you. :-)

• @johnnymossville

Many thanks for your report! :-)

I am still continuing improving GH2.

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.0N spans beautifully in hbr mode on my cheap micro center class 10 card. I'm liking my tests so far. I'll try and shoot some sample footage this weekend and post here. I've also shot some in 1080P/24 and am very happy so far.

It looks like these settings will be following me on a shoot next week.

• @johnnymossville

Many thanks for feedback, mate! :-)

Although I am testing PAL-oriented 3.0P now, this may be able to be used also in NTSC. The new setting may be released not as 3.0P but as Almighty "3.1."

• Since it seems that the following 3.0P can be well used for the NTSC side according to the present results of the tests, it will be released as "3.1." :-)

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.1/3.0P "(For PAL)"

bkmcwd "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.1(3.0P) " - setb.ini - Released 21/02/2014

*All the modes were changed from 2.4. :-)

This TYPE-ZERO3 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Also on towi's Death Movie, span is possible for all the rec modes.

Cautions are required to use iDRC or iA only in 60p.

This "3.1/3.0P" is made for PAL. However, this may be able to be used also in NTSC.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to all silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in all the modes

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 48M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 48M for Top Quality 720p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both with

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i/HBR modes

• Beautiful 6 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 720p modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is available in all rec modes,

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. On the other hand, in other rec modes, it is satisfactory with iA or i dynamic range control at all.

*Although I have received the report that it was able to be used also with the slower card, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.1(3.0P).zip
  • Explanation was added to 3.1/3.0P. The lens may be chosen although this can be used also in NTSC. :-)

http://bkmcwd.blogspot.jp/2014/02/valkyrie-444-tz3-30p3.html

• @valpopando

Thanks for nice footage, mate! :-)

• I am just going to test now for releasing "new natural3."

Also in this setting, I aim at certainly spanning in 60i&HBR30p. :-)

• @bkmcwd hope you get better!

yes it kept on crashing even when I booted the camera.

• @dlzn

THX mate! :-)

yes it kept on crashing even when I booted the camera.

Since the file itself has broken, can't it be played in PC? Or although the file has not broken, can't it be played back in the camera?

• natural3_BETA3

bkmcwd natural3_BETA3 - setf.ini - Released 11/03/2014

*All the modes were changed from BETA2. :-)

This natural3 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

• Superb-looking modified stock matrix is adopted in all the modes

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i/HBR modes

• Beautiful 6 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 720p modes

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. On the other hand, in other rec modes, it is satisfactory with iA or i dynamic range control at all.

*Although I have received the report that it was able to be used also with the slower card, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd natural_3_BETA3.zip
    1005B
  • Woops! It has become impossible to stick URL of the new setting release on 1 page! :-(

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/162632#Comment_162632

EDIT: VK edited. THX!

• Thx a lot @bkmcwd I used GOLGOP3-13 MAXX for every shot taken with summilux 25mm

• @valpopando

Many thanks always for nice sample footage, mate! :-)

• Valkyrie 444 TZ3 3.1 24p sakura_35_160_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 530K
    Valkyrie 444 TZ3 3.1 HBR30p sakura_35_160_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 535K
    Valkyrie 444 TZ3 3.1 60p sakura_35_160_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 635 - 530K
  • Hey bkmcwd! First of all - Great work! I was a silent user for many years, settling for flowmotion v.2.02. It never failed on me. Now I got curious about a month ago and checked out Moon T7, but its crashing everytime i try it out. I think it's because of me shooting in PAL usually, but also I'm using Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s Cards which may not be fast enough. Your Valkyrie Type Zero 3.1 worked very smoothly today when I used it on a small weekend hobby shoot. But I'm curious - what exactly is the difference between your BETA Team matrix from that hack and the matrix of the natural3 Hack? Which of your hacks would you recommend for sharp vintage manual lenses (still smoother than panny's of course)? And would you actually recommend these over flowmotion v2.02 for possible grading? (since Moon is not really working for me)

Thanks for these great settings!

• @MrZz

Thanks for your comment! :-)

what exactly is the difference between your BETA Team matrix from that hack and the matrix of the natural3 Hack?

The stock matrix is applied to natural3 almost as it is.

444 matrix which @cbrandin devised is modified and applied to Valkyrie 444.

Which of your hacks would you recommend for sharp vintage manual lenses (still smoother than panny's of course)? And would you actually recommend these over flowmotion v2.02 for possible grading?

I recommend you Valkyrie 444 TZ3 or TZ4 to you. That is because the matrix which attached greater importance than to resolving to gradation is applied.

I am glad if I can hear the comment on which you tried it.

• natural3_BETA4

bkmcwd natural3_BETA4 - setf.ini - Released 11/05/2014

*Only 60p mode was changed from BETA3. :-)

This natural3 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

• Superb-looking modified stock matrix is adopted in all the modes

bkmcwd natural_3_BETA4.zip
    1004B
  • I am planning to try to further improve GOLGOP3-13-A2. :-)

• natural3_BETA4_24p_ISO800_curry_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 497K
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters