Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • A video taken recently with my GH3 with a tokina 70-200mm f2.8 constant. Tell me what you guys think or any camera setting suggestions

• Looks nice, but please loose the fake flares.

• @stoneinapond yeah im 16 and im just getting started, they do look pretty cheesy, I just wanted something to help transition between clips better since hard cuts started to look really bad

• @william1313 - then you have a bright future ahead of you. Well done. Hard cuts will work when you progress with editing. It's a fine art that improves with practice. Be aware of how one clip or a part of the clip relates to the one before and the following one. Move them around until they flow. Look for an inner rhythm and use that to propel the whole.

• Have you noticed:

When using automatic photo modes (A,S,P,auto iso) the automatic values camera wants to choose are always displayed.

When using same video modes (A,S,P,auto iso) those values are not displayed. You easily end up using f22 with S-mode because you cannot see it. Or camera like to use iso 6400 even if you dont want. There are no iso limit either for video.

I think that video features are still short of perfect in Panasonic cameras even though those are still best in the market.

• @MikeLinn Thanks for taking interest in my video (Flowery Branch in December)!!

• Not all but many shots of this 30 minutes movie was done with a Gh3 ( 50 % ) This is the teaser.. I hope you'll enjoy it.

• My film reel from 2013, i used a combination of a panasonic gh3 with a few different lenses, and a gopro hero 2

• Had a free afternoon so I shot some footage at the Venice Skatepark on my Panasonic GH3 and edited this little piece together.

Camera: Panasonic GH3

Lenses: Voightlander 17.5mm f,95; SLR Magic 12 mm T1.6; Lumix 35-100mm f2.8

Color Grading: Film Convert

• Hi, please help. I was trying to update my GH3 with GH3_V12.bin, but when I put the SD card into the camera and hit the play button, it is not taking me to the update but rather says "no valid picture to play". What do you think is the problem? Thanks

• Just snap a photo and try again. If it doesn't work, try with an SD-card with less capacity.

• @uzland ...

1) did you double-click on the original download file to have it create the TWO files you load into the computer? 2) are the resulting two files on the "root" of a freshly formatted card?

Neil

• Actually just noted they say to do only one at a time if there are both "bin" and "lin" files. Huh, you may have done it right ... try it 20 times more just like that! ;)

Neil

• "work" with a GH3, mostly with canon FD 50mm f1.4, SLR Magic 12mm, 20mm pancake. Timelapse with GH1, Konova slider with a telescope motor rigged to it for moment.

• @Manu4Vendetta is the Comparison with BMPCC your clip? If so, what were the settings on the gh3? Seems like maybe it could have been shot more flat?

• More fun with GH3 shadows.

• @joethepro - Your video was the reason I purchased Neat. It has allowed me to salvage SO many shots that I thought were lost. I'm just a hobbyist, recording family stuff, but this really made a difference! Thanks!

Scott

• @GlueFactoryBJJ No problem! Im glad it helped you. It is quite an amazing tool.