Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • @CameraRick A computer monitor in a dimm room is enough. Close aperture, point Tokina to some dark area besides the screen: I used my mouse pad, part of the screen is in frame, blue dot in the center of frame, blue dot does not move like a normal lens flare, looks like a reflection between the two glas elements of the lens turbo.

Would be interesting if others have the same problem, as the two lens elements of my lens turbo are not locked together (I can move them individually) - maybe thats a problem?

• @Psyco Nah, don't have that? Does it only work with the Sun?

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I tried other native Lenses and Adapters, which are fine. On both, GH2 and BMCC, I have this tiny bit of play

• @CameraRick yes it is some kind of lens flare, but this one is not moving when moving the camera - at least thats the problem with my adapter, which looks very strange in a video.

• I actually also have a tiny bit of play on the camera-end. Not too bad though.

In this case check camera mount and try few other lenses first. As usually such adapters are die cast, so all the same.

• @Psyco not having a blue dot, only something like a purple one when at a specific angle towards the light; I'd call that lens flare. Tested with Tokina 11-16mm and Samyang 35mm

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I actually also have a tiny bit of play on the camera-end. Not too bad though.

• @CameraRick To get the blue dot, close the aperture on the lens turbo (the higher the f-stop, the more visible the dot) and have something bright near by, e.g. lamp, monitor (it doesn't have to be in shot!).

My tests indicate, that when having the aperture wide open, the blue dot is also there but it is spread out covering the whole picture with an invisible faint "halo" - it really is only a problem when closing down the aperture.

And yes, on the GH2 with its wider sensor, the Tokina 11-16 gets to wide with the Lens Turbo, but that is no problem for me, as I will cut top+bottom to get 1:2.35 aspect ratio;-)

• the Nikon to MFT is a snug fit on the BMPCC but not so with the Canon EF, it's loose.

What side is loose? Lens? If it is so, check topics we have, usually any adapter can be made tight with easy.

• the Nikon to MFT is a snug fit on the BMPCC but not so with the Canon EF, it's loose. i emailed RJ about it, if there's some adjustment that can be done, but no reply.

• @gh2hacked thanks! :) Regarding that blue dot, I don't know how to provoke it. What do I have to do to get it?

@toca711 I find it actually really hard to focus this properly. You are 1m away from a wall, wide open, and try to get it perfect; no easy task :) you can see from the different color in the "CA" around that I was a bit off in both shots (wide open) You can clearly see the edges are a bit soft, yet the center looks fine. Positioning (as I have to move when adapter is on) is not too easy if you don't have a little setup for this, but I think it did the trick. Maybe I'll try again, with a Slider to move forward/bachward.

I did not have time to make some actual shots with it so far, as I mentioned I received it saturday but had way too much to do this weekend. This evening though I wanted to do some test shots with people in frame, in more of a real-world-scenario :)

Fun fact: the GH2 gets so wide in 16:9 that my Tokina 11-16mm starts to vignette very slightly in the edges at 11mm. A filter is not usable because you can see it immediantly at that focal length :)

• @CameraRick

Sorry just to clarify, I meant it seemed sharper than the images with no turbo.

• @CameraRick

Thanks for first up testing, I think I will pull the trigger on this. I know this was no scientific test but your images seemed to show the turbo was sharper in the centre and a softer in the corners. Have you found this to be the case or was that jut a matter of focusing?

• @CameraRick

Thanks for the great test. Have you experience the blue spot?

• https://www.dropbox.com/sh/20va5qarjpbh8gu/2NHKxmqPus

for anyone interested. Nothing scientific, but maybe worth a look. Mind the 'read-me's

• @Frame

What would the lenses have to do with the fd mount ?

• I received mine on Saturday (pretty fast for germany) I'm actually surprised by the performance so far, I expected it to be MUCH worse. I can share some (not very scientific) tests regarding sharpness, wideangle etc this evening if you like

• @Sph1nxter Will do the same test with 50mm/1.8 but with Metabones for Canon FD. I ordered it one week ago But I wonder: Metabones FD was sold out for long time and in stock again two weeks ago. Now Lens Turbo is available as well. Same OEM manufacturer? Even same lenses?

• Sph1nxster 7:53PM Ordered mine... once i get it will post some video tests on a 50mm f/1.4 Canon FD. Any requests?

I'll be very interested in your findings with that lens. It's a bit soft at f1.4, maybe the booster will sharpen it up.

• Ordered mine... once i get it will post some video tests on a 50mm f/1.4 Canon FD. Any requests?

• @nomad

With time all will be available.

• Any news about Minolta MD version, dear Vitaliy?

Canon FD to m43 adapter is available. All terms as for other adapters - $134 shipped. PM if you are interested.

gas8.jpg
    568 x 522 - 43K
  • Just ordered the RJ EF - m43 adapter. I'm looking forward to trying it out on my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 pentax mount, and Samyang 85 1.4

• Just received mine, EOS to MFT. So far so good, well packed, fits without any play (my 25$ normal adapter had terrible tolerances) Gotta do some tests with my samyang 14t3.1 and my takumar SMC 50f1.4 ;) I would love a tripod mont to equilibrate my setup, the samy+ RJ makes a very front heavy setup for the little G6...

• Just like i said a couple of weeks ago ;)