Personal View site logo
Recent work
  • 151 Replies sorted by
  • Password is required? @DeShonDixon

• @dlzn the password is fire

• To echo everyone's praise - you have a very good eye for visuals and rhythm with your editing... very impressive for your age, DeShon. Hell, forget your age, impressive in general. Keep it up...;)

• @DeShonDixon Skills. Nice 90's feel to it. Would've been cool if they had a third singer to really bring it home NWA style.

• DON'T POST THIS VIDEO ANYWHERE

Password: A

• I really hope you got paid more than your usual for that one. There's some great looking shots in there.

Was the visual narrative you or did they come to you with a concept?

• @DeshonDixon That's awesome that you're working with A$ton Matthews. I liked that Ver$ace Ragz mixtape he put out a couple years ago...I actually played some of it on the radio show I was doing at the time. Dope video.

• @BurnetRhoades It was free video :/ but we both collaborated on the ideas for the video

• @StevenTrillberg A$ton Matthews yeah he's a really dope artist had a great time working with him

• love this last one a lot too, good job! really like the grading.

• @DeShonDixon great stuff as usual. Just for curiosity: how many takes of the song do you usually shot for a video like this? I'm assuming you are the only one filming, don't know if actually you use more than one cam simultaneously...

• @bumsklumpen Thanks! @flablo Yeah I only have one camera so we just do each shot over and over from different angles & locations

• @DeShonDixon Re: Schools: Cal State Northridge used to have a film program too.

In any event, classes, or seminars and work shops can only help you get to where you want to go. Also going to professional events, hosted by equipment suppliers like Arri, Pannasonic, Sony, etc. can help to "bump into" working professional camera people. Abel Cine in Burbank may have some events and sometimes free seminars (in NYC they Abel to do this to promote the Alexa, so you go, get some free food, look at an Alexa and hear about some great post production demo of software that goes with it, meet some people, all free). The Show Biz Expo (or any of those trade shows) is also a great way see whats new, meet industry people, etc.

SInce you are so close to LA I hope it's all within your reach.

• Not completely done still need to fix the audio Password: N

• I'm down in Culver City man. Maybe someday we can connect and work together. You just have too much talent.

• @vicharris I'm down by Culver City all the time im def down to shoot with you

• Looking great as usual. Opening brought back image of Scarface when Manny's in bed with the blond. 2:20 reminds me of Shook Ones vid. Great shooting.

• Youtube Link

• Password: Rey

• What lens did you use at the beach, especially for the medium shots of the main talent wearing the light colored print sweater? Is this just available light at each location? Good eye as always.

• @BurnetRhoades I only have one lens the Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 and yup all available light I don't make enough money to buy any lighting equipment.

• Cinematography + Editing Reel