Personal View site logo
My short film, partly shot on a GH3 @ the London Short Film Festival next week.
  • Hi all. If anyone is UK based and is even vaguely interested, my short film, 'Mr Torquay's Holiday', 50% shot on a GH3, is on at the Riverside Studios Tuesday 14th January 9pm as part of the London Short Film Festival.

http://shortfilms.org.uk/projections/74

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Shot with a Voigtlander 25, Canon FD 50 1.4, Zuiko 43rd 14-54 Mark II and a panasonic 7-14.

• @nobbystylus Congratulations! In US here, so please let us know when we can watch online.

• @matt_gh2 Thanks man. Its fun to get out to festivals with the little film we made. I'll be sure to let you guys know when i launch online.

• @nobbystylus Cool. That 25 Voigtlander seems to produce some really nice images on the GH3.

• Nice one, I'm only in Kew, though working in town at the mo, so if I can get back in time I'll come down.

• What was the other half shot on?

• A rental house I've done some other jobs at gave me an Epic and a set of Cooke cine primes for a weekend (for free!) for the first (half) of shoot, and then I shot the rest over a following weekend with a GH3. They both needed a lot of grading. The epic was so 'clean' that it needed a proper grade to create a look, and then we just matched the GH3 as best as we could. Some shots are were very easy to match, others (interiors in low light) were a bit harder.

• Screening last night went very well and was very nicely received by the Festival audience. It was a shame that they screened in Standard Def (from digibeta) meaning most of the films looked poor image quality wise, which was a real surprise for a big cinema and festival of this size. Having said that my film looked pretty good, even in SD.