Personal View site logo
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • @azza_act Heard anything yet?

• This lens is absolutely magic. But you need to get used to it. Very difficult to focus without focus peaking (especially fully open). We used HDMI out with Scopebox to focus, only way to get this done! Some sample frames (RAW vs Graded) below.

More details about settings here http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/141352#Comment_141352

SLRMagic_12Hyperprime_Ungraded.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 279K
    SLRMagic_12Hyperprime.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @Chris74. Funny, I actually like the ungraded version!

• @vicharris Interesting, everybody has his own taste. Thanks for sharing anyway

• LOL, you said my taste sucks. Nice :)

• @vicharris No, not at all. My bad English, sorry. Let me try again. I'm happy for all feedback and it is interesting that taste is different ;)

• They both look great, but obviously she looks healthy and flattering in the first and rougher and beat up in the second. My taste would bend to whatever the storyline is. It would be hard to use the first for a horror movie, and the second wouldn't work well for a children's story.

Either way, I need that damn lens! ; )

• Yep, should have been more clear too. The first looks like an advertisement in the US.

• If anyone who is looking for this lens is following this thread, there's a guy selling one in the marketplace. Might be a good chance to get a known good one!

• Hello. I'm looking into purchasing this lens (might wait until the new version comes out). Can anyone tell me what to look for when making sure I got a good copy?

• @cbm32221 Make sure you get the new version with thicker barrel.

• That newer one looks nice!

• @slrmagic is saying the new version will be available towards the end of Nov.

• Hi, would like to have this lens, no care the new version (no need focus ring "gear"), but would like to have the T1.6 version. I'm looking for it in Europe.

• @Renovatio

Hi, i have a question for you.

Since you are selling the 17.5 nokton, i would like to know (and not only me i think) your point of view about that lens and the SLR 12mm. For example: i never would sell my 25mm nokton to buy another lens, but maybe i'm missing something here. Your answer with your personal-view-analysis will be very appreciated and taken in serious consideration.

Grazie :-)

• @Jean71

No problem. Nokton 17.5mm is simply perfection, i guess the best lens you can have on mft system. Think, i had leica 1.4, which is great too, but the building, the quality, the rings on the voigtlander, the fact it is so fast...really, you can read a lot about it on internet and it's all true.

Simply: i sell my Leica 25mm because i need something wider, and took the Voigtlander for gh2 first, for omd em5 then. Now i would like to stop myself, with the BMPCC and one lens doitall. You know, it has 2.88x crop factor. 50mm equivalent with voigtlander, just too much for me, but also maybe good for others anyway. Slr 12mm would be 35mm equivalent, just the same and just what i've learned i want.

Prego :-)

• @Renovatio

That's very nice, you will travel light and with great quality (and RAW). Wise choice, we are tied on sensors crop factors, and SLR 12mm is a great lens for a 2.88x (practically a 35mm!).

Thanks for your answer.

Grazie :-)

• You're welcome.

Now guys would like to know if there are any differences between F1.6 from a part and T1.6 Cine from the other one, in "fast" terms.

Thanks a lot.

• It's the exact same optics. No difference. It's always a T1.6. All the Cine version did was add the focus gear ring. Come on guys, we've been over this dozens of times here.

• Thanks a lot

• And again....Here's a look at the first, new and improved 12mm lens from SLR that was shipped! Just got it today and just in time for another trip to the desert. :) Same optics just much better build and design. This thing locks down tight as hell on the Pocket Camera. Thanks Andrew!

Off to shoot!

IMG_0113.JPG
    1080 x 1440 - 346K
  • @vicharris, you beat me to it as always! Just received mine today as well!

Initial thoughts - feels heavier (built like a tank!), mounts tighter, focus ring is now in front with gears and it seems to have a shorter focus pull than the MKI though that is probably due to the larger diameter focus ring, aperture ring is dampened quite a bit but still super smooth, rear lens housing is a silver metal instead of black which is interesting why they didn't keep it all black. All in all, I still love it!

P1000410.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 648K
  • I second the thoughts on the Voigt 17.5, I'd never let it go. But I'm selling my 25 to finance a MK II Noktor 12mm now.

• @fosterchen, @viharris

Where did you guys place the order?