Personal View site logo
Samsung NX300, NX500, NX1 Cameras Hack
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • I share your pain. At the very least, one should be able to compile the code from the archive into a working firmware that the camera can actually run. But there is no instruction on how to do that. Making changes is out of the question until one can do this most basic task.

• Hello everyone, in a few days I'll have my new flaming NX 300 :-) I think it's a great camera; video, to my eyes, is at least on par with pana GH2/GH3, even with its default codec compression; so I think this toy has a great potential to shine. Is someone starting to work on a firmware hack like the great work Vitaliy_Kiselev & Co have done for pana? I would like to try for myself, I'm an electronic engineer and I'm good enough on programming (a little of assembly code programming done on PICmicro, C, C++ and Java programming) but I've zero experience on this specific hacking firmware argument. If someone can give me some reading to start from, maybe I can try, with the collaboration of someone else interested on this topic, to start to do something.

Gaetano from Italy

• I've been exploring the archive, and a lot of the goodies appear to be here:

TIZEN\project\NX300\imagedev\usr\include

gstreamer-0.10 and libavcodec are here.

• Reserved