Personal View site logo
Rose Wagner Short Film - Shot with GH3
  • Hi I recently finished my first shortmovie Rose Wagner. I would love to get some feedback on the movie.

Below some information on some of the main gear used (besides camera and follow focus, all was rental). Post production was done entirely with FCPX and FilmConvert.

Camera: Panasonic GH3 Profile: Natural -5 -5 -2 -5 (IPB MOV 50mbit) Lenses: Voightländer 25mm F0.95 and SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 Sound: SoundDevices 552 + Sennheiser MKH 416 Lights : 1 x Arri True Blue 2k, 2 x Arri Mini-Cyc 1k, 2 x Arri Junior 650 W, 2 x Arri Junior 300 W (all tungsten, 2 x 2kw Honda generator for outdoor scene) Other: Dana dolly, zacuto rig, lanparte deluxe follow focus, monitoring/focus peaking on Scopebox via Blackmagic Intensity Extreme (this was by far the most important tool on set!)

Trailer

Movie (password: villaida2013 => will keep this open for one month as I don't want it public due to ongoing festival submissions)

More information about the movie (incl. behind the scene pictures) at www.facebook.com/christianwengercine

Cheers Chris

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • @Chris74 Some really great images in this short. Best of luck with festival submissions!

• @matt_gh2 Thank you so much for nice comment. I cross my fingers for the festivals, not and easy task with this rather long short ;)

• @Chris74, yes it's long but it kept my interest the whole time which is very rare. You have some great shots in there, good work! Good luck at the festival.

• @HillTop1 Brilliant, thanks!

• Also interested on feedback on the story itself. Thanks in advance.

• We have made it to the first festival! Rose Wagner is OFFICIAL SELECTION of this year's Lucerne Int'l Filmfestival taking place in October. Thanks again for those providing feedback. Cheers from Finland

• @Chris74 Congratulations!

• Another milestone of this exciting project. We are honored that our film will be screened at the grand opening gala of the Lucerne Int'l Filmfestival

Full program here www.liff.li

• Full version now available for FREE on Vimeo

Enabled download so you can enyoy this at best quality. Feedback still welcome :)