Personal View site logo
Nikon F to m43 adapters
  • 41 Replies sorted by
  • @theconformist I didn't know the Novoflex didn't have an open setting so you could manually control the aperture directly on the lens. Bummer.

Anyone use the Voigtlander adapter? Should be snug as they make quality products.

• @theconformist @tinyrobot I have two Novoflex Nikon to MFT adapters, and both let me use the aperture ring on my lenses that have them. You have to set the Novoflex to the fully closed position. (Towards the smaller circle.) They might be expensive, but the quality is superb.

• They work the same as all other adapters with an aperture ring. Not sure what you are doing there?

• Got my Novoflex today and boy was it worth the extra money! Rock solid and perfect focus to infinity compared to my first El Cheapo adapter from Ebayland. Those who buy cheap buy twice!

• I love my Novoflex Nikon to MFT adapter! It's worth every penny!

• Hmm. Maybe my (quick and dirty) comparison below helps someone. It´s a bit long (like all of my reviews / comparisons), but also shows a cheap alternative to the Novoflex (-> the Big-Is adapters). So check them out if you are searching for a cheaper option. ^^

• @Tscheckoff thanks for the review. I find most inexpensive adapters require a new infinity adjustment. I looked on Big IS for the Nikon G to MFY adapter but couldn't find it. Let me know if you have a working link. Thanks.

• Well - A infinity adjustment would be great yes. Too bad that it´s not a standard feature =/ ... About the big_is adapters: I don´t know what they´ve done to their shop. But I cannot see any of the adapters with my standard browser. I only see it with a browser, where I am not logged in (to my Ebay account). Maybe they limited the possible countries (unwanted). Who knows.

Here are the Nikon adapters of big_is:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=big_is&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XNikon.TRS0&_nkw=Nikon&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Hi guys I came to this options someone help me choosing, best quality/price relation.

/$85 Kipon Nikon G Mount Lens to Micro 4/3 Body Adapter http://www.amazon.com/Kipon-Nikon-Mount-Micro-Adapter/dp/B00596RO90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384016032&sr=8-1&keywords=Kipon+Nikon+Mount+to+Micro+4%2F3+Body+Adapter

/$70 Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter, Nikon (G) Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter-cameras-Panasonic-AG-AF100/dp/B008GVC2LK/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

/$23 Rainbowimaging Nikon G lens to Micro 4/3 adapter Aperture Control http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-lens-to-Micro-4-3-adapter-Aperture-Control-GF2-/220773662886

Don't recommend METABONES/NOVOFLEX/VOIGTLANDER I wont pay more than $90 for now.

And any comments on the Vizelex Light Cannon from Fotodiox Pro markII or the mitakon?

Thanks All

• I use the Voigtlander Nikon F to m4/3 adaptor. Smooth as yoghurt

• Hi, i have a doubt, maybe someone can help? There are two nikon versions of the Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm F2.8 DX: Nikon AF mount and Nikon APS-C. I wish to use the Nikon AF mount version on the gh3 (because I found a good business). Which adapter must I get,among the Metabones list? Will the Nikon G/m43 speedbooster work? Woud there be any difference for the APS-C version in the choosing of the adapter, or it's the same adapter? It's probably a dumb question,since I've been reading lots of threads and can't find any such doubt. thanks

• Nikon AF and Nikon APS-C is the same (according the AT-X Pro 11-16mm F2.8 Tokina). It´s btw. a "DX" lens. So calculated for the APS-C sized sensors. Nikon F is the general mount. For manual AND autofocus (AF) lenses. Nikon F is btw. also used for the full frame system / lenses (so no difference like with Canon EF and EF-S for example).

Nikon G to micro 4/3 speed booster (from metabones) should work. BUT if I remember right, it´s not the best image @ full open aperture. So it´s also ok, if you go with a normal standard adapter only (without any focal reducing optics). Btw.: You can also try out the way cheaper RJ lens turbo focal reducer (you can get it here in the forum in the VK-Deals quite cheap). The optics are not as good as the metabones. But it seems usable with the 11-16mm F2.8 (slightly stopped down) - And it´s WAY cheaper than the metabones version.

About the size of the lens: APS-C is ok for the focal reducer (both - Metabones AND RJ lens turbo - on micro 4/3). And also full frame lenses are working flawlessly. You just need full frame lenses on (for example) the Nikon G to Sony E mount adapters, because Sony is using a APS-C sensor (which is way bigger than the Micro 4/3 one of your GH3 - So you need lenses with a bigger image circle to match the Sony APS-C sensor size ^^ - I hope it´s clear what I am meaning.).

For more information on the RJ lens turbo check out the thread here in the forum ^^. There is also a video with the 11-16mm in Lucas Pfaffs channel (just watch the full video - The 11-16mm is visible btw. at 9:45 - But better watch it completely):

• Thank you for your explanation. About this RJ lens turbo, I've read the threads but couldn't get a straight conclusion about the following: will it let me change the aperture of the lens from f-stop to f-stop?in other terms, does it have an aperture ring that gradually pushes the mechanical system of the lens, like the metabones speedbooster? If it does, is it declicked? I'm sorry,I believe the answers must be somewhere in the threads on the subject, but I've spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. I found a bargain on the tokina 11-16 and also the sigma 18-35 1.8, so I must make a decision on the focal reducer.

• in other terms, does it have an aperture ring that gradually pushes the mechanical system of the lens, like the metabones speedbooster? If it does, is it declicked?

Yes, if you talk about Nikon G to m43 adapter :-)

• @petersellersbuyers:

As Vitaliy confirmed - Yes. The Nikon G to MFT "RJ Lens Turbo" adapter is also equipped with a stepless aperture control ring (mechanically pushing the aperture pin like the metabones speedbooster). So it´s usable with both of your lenses -> The 11-16mm and the 18-35mm (btw.: A nice set of lenses ^^).

• +1 to Metabones Nikon G -> m43

Didn't know what I was missing! (my other 'no-name' mounts a pretty much lensbabys compared to this!)

mbngmfta.jpg
    450 x 450 - 23K