Personal View site logo
Canon Cinema EOS C100 camera topic
  • 149 Replies sorted by
  • So I finally got the time to do my first movie project. I'm very new to the story telling process - and everything else that is involved. Hope that I can get some feedback on my work here :-)

I noticed that my video look very bad on youtube, even i 1080p - compared to my local version. Any way to reduce the quality lose?

Filmed with Canon C100 w. Ninja 2. A lot of quality got lost on youtube, I think it might be because of the fine grain that has been added to mimic film!?

• C100 Camera Firmware Updates

• Peripheral lens correction feature - This maintains even illumination from corner to corner of the image and virtually eliminates vignetting across the image. There are 14 Canon EF-Series photographic lenses that benefit from this feature including the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, the EF500mm and EF600mm f/4L IS II USM. The seven Canon CN-E Series Cinema Lensesi that benefit from this feature include the CN-E15.5-47mm and CN-E30-105mm T2.8L S compact Cinema zooms, the CN-E14mm T3.1L F, the CN-E24mm T1.5L F, the CN-E 50mm T1.3L F, the CN-E85mm T1.3L F, and the CN-E135mm T2.2L F Cinema prime lenses.
    • ISO increased up to 80,000 - This provides the EOS C500, EOS C300 and EOS C100 cameras with greater light sensitivity than ever before. Great for documentaries and other forms of reality production, this ISO increase can help capture shots that may have been previously impossible to capture.
    • Ability to shift the magnification location in the viewfinder - Allows users to manually move the magnification view area to one of 25 different locations using the joystick on the camera. With this feature, the camera operator can easily check focus even on subjects that are not located directly in the center of the frame.
    • Record button lock - The lock setting on the Key Lock now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the RECORD button, to prevent accidental operation during takes.
    • Menu Navigation now possible through buttons on camera body - Previously menu navigation on the EOS C100 camera was only possible through the removable joystick - when the joystick was detached, menu navigation ceased. Allowing users to easily navigate menu options, even with the removable joystick grip detached, buttons on the rear of the camera body will be able to navigate menu options with this new firmware. The buttons on the rear of the camera under the built-in monitor can be assigned as follows: 1) Set, 2) Up, 3) Left, 4) Down, 5) Right.
  • $500 update is coming to C100, adding 70D like AF with sensor

Available soon from Canon will be a factory-installed upgrade for the EOS C100 Digital Video Camera that will offer an autofocus mode to prevent motion artifacts during rapid talent and pan moves. The upgrade provides a new Continuous AF (Autofocus) Function for all Canon EF Lenses, apart from manual-focused models, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. A new AF Lock setting also lets you change the image framing while holding the desired focus point. These critical focusing capabilities are designed to enhance the smooth capture of moving subjects and achieve more natural-looking autofocus so users can meet their creative needs in even more situations.

The combination of Contrast AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps ensure that autofocus adjustments will move in the correct direction, and not hit the end of its range and then have to change directions to locate the correct setting. As Contrast AF can now detect the correct focusing direction, thereby eliminating a random search, a modified EOS C100 will focus twice as fast as an unmodified camera, with a more natural look and no overshoot.

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/eos_c100_feature_upgrade

• Talk with Canon representative, including upcoming AF update

• Some video made with new firmware

• Shot with a Canon C100 and Zeiss 50mm F2 Makro

• Shot with C100, Canon T3i, 5D Mark III.