Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • ahah @shian i had quietly thought that to myself and chuckled ....

• Headlights and street lights almost always blow and we get pretty stars and flares, not great big white circles that make the scene look like a cartoon.

People focus too much on night shots with car headlights. This in only one situation of extremely overexposed lights. It appears also on other overexposed spots, like sun reflections on glas or metal, see my samples above. In the video when objects move it's much worse. Except this issue footage is awesome - but imho this issue makes this camera unsuitable for professional use. I hope there will be a fix...

• Hey guys, I think something might be wrong with the BMPCC. Anyone have any examples? :-)

• Looks like what happened to the 7D when shooting in that crappy "cinestyle" log mode. Pretty sure it's caused by stretching the DR of the sensor to the max. No room for roll-off...

• I don't know if this means anything but its a picture of the reception area of the sensor manufacturer ;)image

bm.jpg
    752 x 436 - 347K
  • hahahaahah ... well there you go ;)

• jajajajaja that's a good one @Imaginate

• @Imaginate That is awesome! Thanks for the laugh. Did you post that over on BMCuser? Try BM Forum! That would be fun!

• Good news! J.J. Abrams will soon get tired of anamorphic flares and prefer black holes and white orbs! i.e. Star Wars....These cameras are gonna be HOT!! .... In the meantime, Fisher-Price has dibs on all the BMPCC sensors. They'll be using them in the Pixelvision 3000 :)

• apparently the 1960s Cult British TV series 'The Prisoner' was shot on an early prototype BMPCC!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Rover.jpg

Rover.jpg
    300 x 220 - 55K
  • Damn those sequins.

cv_DSC_2012_500[1].jpg
    500 x 333 - 279K
  • this guy managed to fix it in post. amazing stuff!

• @MRfanny

Looks like last Star Treck, flares on flares.

• Of course it does – he said it's a joke.

• Its becoming a real tragic comedy... but "what ya gonna do?" (Toni Soprano, when his mother died)

• Holy crap, that does look like the last Star Trek! That crap really bothered me too. Flares and streaks all over the place. Sometimes when lights weren't even in the shot! I felt like I was taking acid!! But yeah, that guy nailed it. More funny stuff.

• Lord prey,

What are these strange Protrusions

Devouring my pretty images?

So many Circles

Bright bursts of Confusion

Why must it always be like this?

t'was foul Black Magic

That cast it in my frame

They are to blame

For shame!

• When did this become the BMPCC is COMPLETELY useless thread? Has anyone here even considered that the eventual...and( its on the damn box so they cant really back down) implementation of RAW will fix the dreaded light BALLS/Cadence???? I hope so...then I can be one of the few people that didnt cancel their pre-order with a 13stop DR RAW video platform-

I mean come one -This is the first batch OF COURSE there are issue in real world BMD isnt the biggest company on earth- even companies like APPLE screw up on batch one- I NEVER buy Gen one Apple stuff because there is always some issue akin to this.

I for one am not losing hope yet... balls or no balls.

• Has anyone here even considered that the eventual...and( its on the damn box so they cant really back down) implementation of RAW will fix the dreaded light BALLS

I have doubts here, as it seems more like sensor thing.

Their problems is usage of sensors not intended for application they use them for.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev So what is the application that super 16mm sensor is intended for if not video? I am sorry VK I just dont understand?

• So what is the application that super 16mm sensor is intended for if not video? I am sorry VK I just dont understand?

As far as I understand it is industrial sensor used on factories and may be in high end security cameras. They just can live up with all this issues.

• @Vitality_Kiselev So if you were me...you already preordered and paid in full at B&H for a BMPCC ... currently only have a GH2 and Active M43rds glass...but wanted to step up your cinematography -- What would you do? Not to get off topic but I had high hopes for this.

• demand a full value trade-in option for the BMCC