Personal View site logo
compassion for egyptian victims and their families
  •  

AP Photo/Manu Brabo

gashô

• 19 Replies sorted by
  • If we have any members there, it'd be nice to hear what's really going on...especially the street fighting.

• If we have any members there, it'd be nice to hear what's really going on...especially the street fighting.

@peternap totally agree

In case you don't know what is this about:
    ATTENTION STRONG AND TRUE IMAGES

and

• Very sad situation. :(

• It is life guys. And it is very light version of your own future.

Why no compassion towards much more people who die without food, thousands die from bombings in Iraq, or thousands who died this week on roads across the world? May be because compassion is just driven by that you see in TV and media?

• Absolutely horrible! :( but yes, there are a lot of other tragedies everywhere unfortunately. Social media (twitter,facebook) might get people into the streets, but it can't protect you at all...

This youtube channel has some footage shot in the streets. Warning, some disturbing images. One video shows remote controlled machine guns on a Humvee firing supposedly into a crowd (unseen).

http://www.youtube.com/user/MazeedEg/videos

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev It is life guys. And it is very light version of your own future.

I tend to agree Vitaliy, which is why I want to see more of what's really happening.

@jleo Thanks!

• I see Vitaliy is not the only one who thinks a global resource war with the elites is coming.

http://www.alternet.org/world/massacres-egypt-are-precursor-wider-global-conflict-between-worlds-elites-and-worlds-poor

• @ahbleza

It is not personal opinion, it is just facts constatation. Worst thing is that as things will become worse even top countries will see huge impact as part of the income that go to all this high tech and custom things will be cut. So, huge part of population will be clamped between automatization, outsourcing and robots from one side and reduced demand on most products on other side.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I agree as far as economic realities go, but why all the doomsaying? Do you really believe situations like the one in Egypt right now will be future for all of us?

Not all countries are at risk to spiral into this kind of unrest, as different cultures, population sizes and political traditions lead to different methods of solving problems.

• @neokoo No, not all countries.....but I think we're looking into a window showing the future of the United States. We've lived above our means for a long time and now the police are being militarized at Federal expense, food prices keep rising and incomes are dropping, mortgages are still a major problem over much of the country and the Government keeps chipping away at Constitutional rights.

• From wiki

Compassion is the understanding or empathy for the suffering of others.

also

Cynicism is an attitude or state of mind characterized by a general distrust of others' apparent motives or ambitions, or a general lack of faith or hope in the human race or in individuals with desires, {...}

@Vitaliy_Kiselev as no BS short answer I tell you I haven't had a Tv set for more than 20 years.
    Hope you are able to read between the lines ;-)

Once more from wiki

read between the lines - (idiomatic) to infer a meaning that is not stated explicitly
  • Paul Jay and journalist Max Blumenthal discuss how the Egyptian military has manipulated the revolution and the Muslim Brotherhood to reestablish a dictatorship by the generals...

Morsi's crime when it came to Egypt's economy was not so much mismanagement as his refusal to administer austerity on Egypt's subsidy-dependent poor, as prescribed by the IMF and the international community, at the beginning of his presidency.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/john-wight/mohammed-morsi-imf_b_3560144.html

• To quote an Egyptian academic, "it's not democracy happening, it's a street-ocracy ".

For me, compassion for all those inside their homes, not outside.

• just because.

• "Cynicism is an attitude or state of mind characterized by a general distrust of others' apparent motives or ambitions, or a general lack of faith or hope in the human race or in individuals with desires, {...}"

logic lacking explanations implying logic aren't trust worthy.

Or: the God of Glue

• When dealing with salesmen, especially from camera companies promising new cameras, or military generals with tanks...it pays to be cynical!

Even the most compassionate Buddhist monks ( Shaolin Temple, birthplace of Zen (Chan) Buddhism, trained to defend themselves against uncompassionate people.

• Human race? what's the trend? Who's on first! who's first?

• it's very depressing.. not just the loss of life, but also to see the hopes of millions of people seeking democracy dashed. It's not just Egypt - think about the people of iraq and afghanistan, that had to face mortal danger just to vote. Many were ecstatic about having the opportunity, but both countries continue to be terrorist havens and war zones. I hope there's a place in hell for all the western central planners that helped destroy these civilizations.