Personal View site logo
Future of cameras. Sony QX100 and QX10 snap on cameras.
  • 56 Replies sorted by
  • I presume FHD video recording is not possible. Direct connection to micro usb would have been better.

Most probably it is possible, as camera has same main chip and send only compressed data, for such small distance proper 802.11n must be pretty enough.

• I presume FHD video recording is not possible. Direct connection to micro usb would have been better.

• @ghkqn

Such concept can be also very good for current market. As they can offer significant savings, as almost everyone has smartphone now. But it all depends on connection thing. From that I see it uses Wi-Fi for this, and it is both not so smooth and very slow.

• Sony takes a page from Ricoh and brings GXR concept to smartphones. Given Sony share in smartphones, it is no surprise the modules are for all Android and IOS phones. If true that one of the module is the same as the RX100 II, then both Nokia 1020 and Galaxy zoom will not be able to compete against that IQ.

• Why aren't cameras just cylinders? Seems like a fun form factor. If we forget the phone part, and just put in a little viewfinder, that would be fun.

• Built in sensor sounds interesting. New form of modular design?

Not sure about the future, but it sure looks fun.