Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • Yeah, I'd love to see some more footage. Any footage. Shitty or not.

• It's a rainless day in Korea Jimmy. Smile! More reviews, I mean someone make a review!

• @jimmykorea Because there have been so many?

• If there's one thing we don't need right now is another review of the camera. Groan...

• DSLR Video Shooter confirmed it is a review unit on his FB page. At least BH has some in their warehouse. I wonder if they are just waiting for BMD to give them the OK.

• @kurth For me, that Sigma is too slow, plus if the speedbooster is used with it, things get crazy wide. Then there's the problem of not being able to put a filter on it and It looks like it might be kind of hard to use a mattebox with it for filters if you need em. Just my 2 cents though. I'm sure others will think it's fine.

If I was going that route I would just stick with my two Tokinas and put the speedbooster on them. Problem solved but I think we were talking about more native mft glass.

• ..what about an 8-16mm sigma with the coming next month m43 to ef speed booster for going wide ? I think using the speed booster as a .7x adapter makes more sense than just using a century .7x

• @kholi The 12mm plus a wide angle adapter would be great on this camera but I would be afraid of it going to soft with another piece of glass introduced. I think they would have to use a really nice piece of glass to avoid any problems and who knows what that would be. You know I love this lens but it is pretty dreamy already wide open and even closed down a little.

• Well thanks much fellers.

@HenryO

Forgot to add this one to the stills which is just the balanced image in one node (Primaries and Saturation, Exposure in DNG tab), and also did a breakdown here (If it's okay to link): http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?4565-LUT-TESTING-PanaMojo-(temp-name)&p=73498&viewfull=1#post73498

The other stills are at that link as well.

I'm FAIRLY sure I'll be able to finish the ProRes versions and they should work on BPC ProRes, it seems largely the same. On the very pointed topic of BPC, though, I think SLRMagic could stand to beef up their line by a pair of lenses, OR, they should make a wide angle adapter specifically for BPC owners that fits the 12, then give us something to buy between the 12 and 25.

12+Wide Angle Adapter (8.5mm), 15-18(Prime in this range), 25, 35

just_balanced.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Another attention whore?

• @Chaos123x I wish I knew...I just got off the chat with BH and they are still saying they do not have any in stock.

• @kevin_kirchman

Why would B&H send out review units and not blackmagic themselves?

• @Chaos123x I don't think he's lying, but it may just be a review unit rather than an actual Pre-Order production unit. I've followed him for a while, he's not the type to BS it for publicity.

• @kholi - Nice one. Love your work.

• This guy claims B&H is shipping today!

https://m.facebook.com/dslrvideoshooter?id=110744922316715&_rdr

Is this guy trustworthy?

• @kholi The screens look fantastic. I think it's safe to say you know what you're doing. ;)

• Indeed, looks great!

• @kholi Images look nice - well done.

• @HenryO

This may not be the topic to continue the conversation, if it's wrong you guys feel free to remove it. It does pertain to the pocket camera as it should look pretty similar to BV1, I'm expecting (and so are a few others) my half-assed amateur LUT to be usable with BPC footage.

In regards to the blue hue, etc. Here are some stills from this past weekend, shooting BV1-MFT, Cooke S4 Mini/Hot Rod PL, and ISO400/800 (this matters only because 200 and 1600 are not just metadata).

The camera does have a fair amount of specific qualities, some that I'm actually not going to try and balance any further because I think user should have the option, but as far as your first concern with the image, blue cast, it is (of course durrrr) in how the camera is handled from start to finish.

I'm still learning every single time I go out... The big thing for me is not exposing to the right, or not to any extremes.

In just a moment here I'm going to post the nodes in Resolve.

(disclaimer: I'm just doing my own research on this stuff, anyone else is free to do theirs as well. Not claiming to be any sort of colorist etc, but learning.)

More stills over at the other forum, in the thread I linked too earlier.

zamnstills_021.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    zamnstills_016.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    zamnstills_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @sammy I asked to confirm a pick up appointment but they did not answer. This is bad PR...

• Innocinema just canceled my order, nice guys, they said the add was for a preorder

• So Vitaliy is goin to hack hardware... is the hack going to move the sensor up by magic... LOL

• @Gh2_fan it looks more like the bmmc sensor with a 1080 window cut out. But people say its a totally different chip.

I wonder if Vitaliy is planning on seeing how this thing works, not sure if its worth hacking though.

• I really don't believe the BMPCC's sensor is purely 1080p. It must be a higher resolution sensor that is being dumbed down internally by the camera itself.

• @Chaos123x on the Micro Four Thirds version of the Speed Booster you can use APS-C glass as well as Full Frame because the lenses are much bigger then the sensor unlike the Sony version where it has the same sensor size so can only accept Full Frame.