Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • I preordered from BH too he said two weeks before BH ships and not sure how many.

• He said it will come in batches but doesn't know how many in the first batch. Also said the visually lossless codec is going to ship. Also, said first batch is on hold pending a newer firmware than 1.4 to implement another feature he wasn't sure of. He Didn't know about minimum write speed said class 10.

• Can two bodies' sensors be synced for 3D? If no, any plans for the future? Or does simultaneous powerup start the sensors in sync? (bet they have no idea but hey)

• @woodybrando Please ask about ship date, will ALL orders be shipped out or are there 1st 2nd batches? If I place an order with B&H today, will it ship or is there an wait? Will raw be available soon or is it still on hold? Which SD cards can be used besides Sandisk Extreme? Thanks!

• I'm standing at the booth now so let me know any questions u want me to ask

• @woodybrando could you help us ask whether the sandisk 45mbs is enough for recording raw? And also the shipping date. Thanks a bunch.

• I'm headed over now

• Is anyone doing a live blog of the LA event?

• Yea... they do say "Spring 2013 Catalog" on them.

• Yeah I'm geuessing they are the promotional pamphlets that dealers will have. I know Canon and Panasonic always have these things. Just nice pictures and info.

• looks to thin to be boxes. Looks like books?

• http://t.co/Oe4MSeEmJT

Check out this pic somebody posted on twitter.

• They announced two new cameras! And delayed the pocket and the 4k till late winter.

New cameras shipping in early spring.

:-P

Joking.

• Any information from the event? Would love it if they had a short launch film kinda like the GH3 did... would be amazing to have an idea what can be done locked of on some sticks with controlled lighting etc. etc.

Im based in the UK and have been in contact with a couple of distributers Visual Impact and CVP and still no dates from them and they seem to think initial volume wont be large but i guess it depends on how many people have pre-ordered if its going to be soon people start getting them in hand.

• I ordered the day that it was announced. I called B&H earlier today and they told me that they still have not heard anything about a shipping date.

• Has anybody called B&H lately to get a update on the status of thier order?

One guy claims that Blackmagic told B&H they were shipping the cameras out today. So to except it next week.

I would call, but my order is very recent and I highly doubt I would get it in the first shipment.

• @thegood83

I misread it thinking that the final bit rate would be 94.2 MB/sec. I forgot that it would be compressed even further after that.

• I just noticed that SanDisk is now offering Extreme 8/16/32/64 & 128GB cards at 80MB/sec read and 60MB write. I wonder if this will gradually replace the 45MB/sec Extreme cards and if they're worth the increased price over the 45MB version that is still supposed to work with this cam.

• @LongJohnSilver Here it is

-- http://www.streamingmedia.com/Producer/Articles/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=90802

You can kinda see when he turns it around. Like when hes showing focus peaking @3:19... It looks good to me...if only that lens took filters :(

Still cant decide between that and the 9-18 oly but I am leaning towards the 7-14 since I could also use it photography to do some crazy cool shots.

• Looks like 45mbs cards will do. The extreme "pro" is the only 95mbs card listed.

I have a 64gig extreme pro. Might get a 128 extreme for longer record times.

• Just printed off the full manual and had a read. It clearly talks about CinemaDNG RAW use on the pocket and the use of auto-focus, nothing about these features appearing in a future firmware update...it also mentions what recommended SD cards to use.

It basically states:

"SDHC and SDHX cards recommended for lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) video recording include:

Sandisk 64GB Extreme Sanidsk 64GB Extreme Pro Sandisk 128gb Extreme

Nothing about whether they need to have 45mb/s or 95mb/s transfer rates though...

• @No_SuRReNDeR could you give me a link to the 7-14mm video?