Personal View site logo
KineRAW S35 digital cinema camera for US$8000
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • I believe in Chinese. Where they were 40 years ago and where it was the U.S.? And where are they now and where is the U.S.?
  • I guess this is just beginning. You know Chinese folks. They will keep going and going and going.
  • They should I think include some more capabilities for it to be a viable investment. One thing is at least a 60 fps burst mode. Even if it only for 30 second. It would make it a much more complete package.

I also hope that they understand that it is not a small investment and that a certain standard of quality and consistency (sample variation) is not the same than a $150 follow focus. I prefer a very robust $8000 camera to a $ 7000 one with some small cuts that will ruin the whole experience.
  • Looks Suspiciously similar to a Phantom... Probably the OEM for a lot of phantom parts decided to make their own cam.
  • @ danyyyel exactly
  • pics
    IMG_0211.jpg
    600 x 450 - 94K
    IMG_0209.jpg
    600 x 450 - 112K
    Kinefinity.jpg
    640 x 709 - 117K
  • awesome! well, for sure this is no answer to RED EPIC as 2K 24FPS is not quite 5K 120FPS:) and EPIC does 2K at 300FPS at higher dynamic range, and is much smaller and lighter. But the EPIC is a 50,000$ camera:). resolution is generally speaking vastly overrated and having a 2K native sensor, is probably going to prove awesome for lowlight as pixels should be much larger! and 2k is really a great resolution even for cinema, a bit more than fullHD, just right. If they can deliver what they claim for the price they claim, that will be a first in the cinema camera market. LOL good luck to them!

oh, and for god's sake, when will Chinese manufacturers start taking marketing seriously? Is that guy for real? They need their own "Tedd from Red" :)
  • Very interesting, I hope it comes out to shake this industry up. If you follow the sensor and processor industry, you can see the technology is here for affordable raw camera. But it is those big companies that are holding it. I can't see one technological industry where progress is so low or intentionally crippled by marketing. When 8bit codec are the norm for $ 5000 camera when in the photo world for 1/10th of the price you are using 12 bit raw files.

When you think the power of the little gh2. More so the 12 fps 24 megapixel Sony a77 throughput is the same as about 144 fps 2 k raw output. This tell you that with the hardware processing of the A77 with a 2k chip and you would easily get a 24 fps 2k raw cinema camera.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions