Personal View site logo
Power solutions: Powering whole rig for hours from 40$ Battery?
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • @ptchaw: did you get to try it out already?
  • I'd be willing certainly to pay more for a better battery, especially if the GH2, a monitor and the Zoom could be powered off it simultaneously.
  • @Ind you have tried @fatpig's battery? (I would have tried it already, but I don't have the DC unit for the GH2.) If it really does work, perhaps someone from the forum should contact them about improving the battery to operate for a longer period of time?
  • I think I've found my battery solution :) You could also use the USB out to power a H4n/H1 or whatever audio recorder.
  • Yep this works . I'm using 9v into my coupler . 12v to my Marshall monitor. Been goodnso far but the battery itself is a piece of shit. Switch starts to come off, led light falls inside box, had one just die on me lol but you get what you pay for right? Biggest problem with this solution is mounting of the battery to your rig. You gotta use Velcro or gaffa tape. Lastly I can get about 3-4 hours use with monitor and camera. Without monitor I can record all day. Just buy a few a guess...
  • if you take a look here at dvxuser forum
    http://tinyurl.com/3ukfb4j
    someone claims to be supplying even 9.6v to his gh2 without problems.
    is this dangerous? or would you say if it works once, it works always?
  • As far as I can see, you need 8.4V for DC coupler.
  • *bump* any electrics pro?