Personal View site logo
Fotodiox, Excell, Lens Turbo analogs for m43 and NEX
  • 351 Replies sorted by
  • Here is the page that tells you how to do a return.

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/fotodiox-shipping-returns

• Fotodiox told me on FB "As of right now, you are the only return request.". How is it possible?

• I emaled them over the weekend. Lies :) I just commented on their facebook page below you.

• ah ah that's a good feedback!

• For anyone who's not following the FB debate, they replied: "We have read the forum and see the reactions. We are sorry that people are not liking the results. This is a new adapter that we tried and never thought people would latch on to the product like they did. We have a few people that like it, and we have a few that do not. We are taking the reactions and correlate them together to create a better version of it.". Also they seem collaborative about shipping returns. Good

• Thank you to everyone that bought the Light Cannon. Fotodiox Pro realizes there are issues with the optical quality of the results, and is working hard to fix the problem.
    If you are unhappy with the Light Cannon you may return the merchandise for refund of the product cost or exchange, if the return is made within 14 days of receipt. Refunds will exclude any return shipping charges.
    However, if you decide to keep this first generation product, you will have the opportunity to receive the Light Cannon Mark II for FREE, when it becomes available in 3 to 4 months. The Mark II will address the optical quality of the glass with an upgraded optical element. The optical element will be completely redesigned to correct the color shift and to keep sharp focus across the image. There will be two versions of the Mark II: 0.5x (created for full-frame lens to open the aperture up 2 extra stops) and 0.7x (created for APS-C Sensors which will open the aperture up 1 more stop). As a Fotodiox Pro customer that tried our first version of the Light Cannon you will get your choice between the two. With the higher quality optics, the Mark II will retail around $199.95, but the optical quality will be better. In order to get the free Mark II, please contact info@fotodiox.com to request the code for a free Light Cannon Mark II when it becomes available for purchase. Please include your name, email, what website you ordered from, and your order number so we can reference your order. Thank you for your continued support for Fotodiox Pro.

• What the... keep it and hope for a better version in 3-4 months? They just posted on FB. :

"Fotodiox Inc. 5 minutes ago

Thank you to everyone that bought the Light Cannon. Fotodiox Pro realizes there are issues with the optical quality of the results, and is working hard to fix the problem...."

@FotodioxPro I think you'll have a better response if you can get it done sooner, and, before the others get to market.

• Unfortunately, it takes times to completely design the optical element. Completely different glass (and better quality) is being used in the redesigned element.

• @FotodioxPro I guess FREE doesn't include shipping, right?

• If you put out this utterly useless doorstop once and thought it was good enough, why on the earth would we think you wouldn't do it again. I mean this isn't a small oversight. It's doesn't work at all. Did anyone at your company actually attach it to a camera, put a lens on it, take the lens cap off, turn the camera on and look through the viewfinder?I feel like you used customers as your beta testers and we had to pay for it, literally.

• I am retuning the Light Cannon. I am cautiously excited for the version 2. I am going to wait for reviews next time.

• Free does include shipping.

• @FotodioxPro ok, if I don't have to pay shipping for the upcoming Mark II offer (please consider I'm located in Italy, not in the US), I think I'll take the chance. Will write an email to your customer support just to be sure

• Wow, Fotodiox is going double or nothing. It'll be interesting to see if they can redeem themselves, or if they will create another dud ruining their brand image forever.

• Are you a gambling man? :) I'm going for the Speed Booster. I think this might one of those items where you truly get what you pay for. Though Fotodiox LEDs are great so I don't know what happened here?

• Guys, be more easy on Fotodiox. Such things happen

• I guess I might have been over the top but I don't get how they can ship a product that doesn't come close to working? It's not like a light with a tiny buzz, green shift, or some oversight that happens in a few models of something when you are making thousands off a production line. Also it seems odd because I think every other piece of equipment I own from Fotodiox gives me the best bang for the money in their categories.

• I guess I might have been over the top but I don't get how they can ship a product that doesn't come close to working?

This happens, as I said. Something can go wrong, can be even factory who though that it can get $1 extra by using different lenses supplier with slightly different design.

• These things happen sure, but when they do the honorable thing to do is refund not only the price, but the shipping, as well as provide return shipping. It's a defective product that doesn't do what it clams. I look at it this way, I paid $5 to ship it to me and I just paid $7 to ship it back. I just lost $12. I know it's only $12, but if someone just walked up to you and took $12 out of your wallet, you'd want it back right? So how is this any different?

• I look at it this way, I paid $5 to ship it to me and I just paid $7 to ship it back. I just lost $12. I know it's only $12, but if someone just walked up to you and took $12 out of your wallet, you'd want it back right? So how is this any different?

It is two way thing. The more you demand the more is damage to the manufacturer and seller.

• @Brian202020 I guess that's just the price we pay for something out the door. Just spoke to the VP at Fotodiox. He was really nice and of course sorry this ever happened but yeah, think we're still all out shipping. Lesson learned.

• While it's strange to me that Fotodiox shipped this having apparently no idea people wouldn't like the results, I'm willing to give them a second shot at it and will be holding on to mine until the revised version is released.

And the 0.5x magnifier on the FF-glass version is a very compelling bonus, if the image quality issues are addressed. No reason not to get that one since all my primes are FF-capable.

• My only question I have for Fotodiox is how you gonna ship it out without testing it?

• I was amped to get this thing. I love my other Fotodiox products, and so I trusted them as well. Thanks to the early adopters for saving me the the trouble. THIS is exactly why I always take a wait and see approach. Got burned too many times jumping on the latest tech.

@FotodioxPro could benefit by maybe getting the next version into someone's hands (someone in this forum) early to shoot tests, post photos, and add testimony to it's quality. We're pretty brutally honest around here, as you've noticed. If it passes our sniff test that's a pretty solid endorsement.

• Shipping costs are crucial for me, living in old Europe. As they will send the mark ii for free including shipping, even if the current version I'm keeping is unusable that is a chance for me to repay for the costs I already sustained. I doubt that the mark ii will be a lemon, after all this. Just hoping the upcoming Speedbooster won't be 0.5 as well :)