Personal View site logo
Fotodiox, Excell, Lens Turbo analogs for m43 and NEX
  • 351 Replies sorted by
  • @flablo You're not the only one who feels silly about all this. I haven't got an answer to my canceling and I live in Europe too. Don't worry about @Shaveblog, once you get through all the layers, he is a very skilled comedian.

• @Flablo. Did you say that your doorstop was shipped UPS? If so, you can log onto their site with your tracking number and there should be a dropdown for Delivery Options. I don't have a package in transit at the moment to test this, so I'm going off memory. Select "return to sender". They'll send it back without you needing to pay the additional $40.

• Guys who bit first on these lens turbos, I feel for you. The only thing keeping me from joining you this round was the lack of Canon FD turbos. If these guys had gone FD, I'd be in the same boat as you. Hope you can get a refund if you don't like the way they look.

• We're all within our return period, and when something doesn't work as expected is basis for return. If they say that the never guaranteed it to not be a foggy image, it's not hard to successfully make a reasonable expectation argument. If anyone gets grief from Fotodiox about the return, call your bank immediately, explain the situation and the return policy, and ask them to reverse all fees regarding the transaction (including shipping).

• @Brandt it is USPS not UPS. Thanks a lot for the tip, gonna check for sure!

• @fablo I'm not sure how it works when USPS packages land overseas, since your local postal carrier would then be involved. However, if the package is trackable, I believe it can be rerouted. You might look this over https://www.usps.com/manage/intercept-package.htm

• Well that's disappointing.

• Just got mine. This is one of the most unusable items I have ever purchased. I'll elaborate later. Stay away. Going to call them on Monday.

• I thank all of you who have bravely ordered this first wave of lens turbos/boosters, and I hope you all get your money refunded ASAP. It's too bad they didn't live up to the hype.

I wonder if these Fotodiox turbos are merely poor executions of a good idea, or if the concept itself is more of a mixed bag than the breathless first reviews on various blogs led us to believe. It may just be that the optics and/or math in these first Fotodioxes are off. I guess we'll see when Metabones and Mitakon release theirs.

• For one, there's no variable iris adjustable ring as on the Novaflex or any other quality adapter. All you have is four different stops to choose from so this alone is a big fail. I just tried it on my Tokina 11-16 at what I think was f4 and it was still unusable. Still just amazed and I'm going to contact Amazon too in regards to false advertising. Just floored at the poor quality.

• My package is still in Chicago. Wrote to Fotodiox asking if they could block/intercept to send it back to sender. Let's see if they are pure evil or if there is hope for redemption

• To those who have bought this adapter and are no happy with it, if paid with paypal, why not set up a dispute under item recieved not as described, or even go a step further and do a chargeback?? I certainly would do this. Fotodiox need to up their game as it is not good enough.

• @LeeM if they aren't collaborative about returns, I think that could be a viable option

• Frankly, what game can they up? They are an operation that rebrands knockoffs. Customer support is non existent. Most of their other adapters do not work. Infinity focus guaranteed my ass. If I were to use any of their stuff it would be for only simple mechanical things like step up rings and nothing that has anything to do with focus critical applications.

• They are an operation that rebrands knockoffs

Not always.

Most of their other adapters do not work. Infinity focus guaranteed my ass. If I were to use any of their stuff it would be for only simple mechanical things like step up rings and nothing that has anything to do with focus critical applications.

It is simply not true.

• I agree. I use their m43 to Fd and it's a great adapter for the price. Although we should have looked at their eos to Fd adapter, which has an optical element, as a reference. And maybe they have a QC problem , which all the feedback will result in a better solution/product.

• I don't own any of theit product but I read good reviews here on PV, that's one of the reasons which led me to take the risk

• Yeah, I've been perfectly happy with my other Fotodiox products (just Nikon-to-Canon and m43 adapters, really).

• Yeah, the other adapters I have are fine and when I called last week, they were actually very helpful in checking inventory and shipping time for me. I emailed them last night so I'm sure I'll get a response tomorrow. I have no doubt we'll be ok with the returns. We'll probably just have to eat shipping costs.

• It is interesting that went wrong here. It can even be issue with first batch.

No one wants to disassembly adapter and see that kind of glass is used? May be they just use very simple optics?

• "May be they just use very simple optics?"

Probably. Last month, for fun, I made a homemade focal reducer using an simple achromat lens and the results looked exactly like the Fotodiox device.

• I get a similar blooming if I put the Panny wide adapter on a lens not designed for it. Is there a technical explanation for this effect?

• Fotodiox wants to know what do you think about Light Cannon, on Facebook. Why don't you tell them?

https://www.facebook.com/Fotodiox

fotod.jpg
    578 x 183 - 21K
  • Fire at will!!