Personal View site logo
Philips is selling 70 percent stake of its HDTV business to HK based company
  • It is always fun to see Apple future and past all in present time :-)
    Even more funny is to read many comments about "end of TV era" and "Apple to enter TV market" (supposely to destroy it).
    Get real. People are not stupid. Design house can't live for very long time.
    Especially if it thinks that he can sue normal manufacturers.
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • The people that are doing the talking about the demise of Apple once Jobs is completely gone are the share holders not the people down here where I live. Soon they will find a new investment. Remember the rich will be the last to die, but they will die.
  • Sharp licensed the Pioneer "Elite" name and just released their first Elite TVs including a 70" for over $8k - yikes! (A low spec Sharp branded 70" can be had for less than $3K)
  • People worried about the demise of Apple may be those who remember what happened the last time Jobs left the company... (Though I fondly remember my Power Computing Mac.)
  • This time is different. Jobs likely has not been very actively involved in the day-to-day of Apple for a fair while, considering his age and health . . . I think deep down people know that apple hasn't really been under his command anyways, and that this is just an "officialization" of that fact.
  • We shall see how strong the Apple DNA really is.