Personal View site logo
Do I have to format scandisk 64gb 95mb on my gh2 with LPowell hack?
  • Hey guys, I'm a newbie here and for a while I've been trying to search if you have to format the 64gb 95mb scandisk once its inside the gh2 camera. I bought my camera used with the LPowell hack (seller said it has the100 mbs) and I MUST have this type of scandisk- so I just got it now.

My question is....and please excuse me for I am new to this all- once I put the scandisk into the camera, is there anything I have to do? Do I have to format it? Are there any settings I must do first before I can record?

Any input is appreciated--I feel I cant start until I know what to do first. Thank you guys.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • you don't have to but it's highly recommended to format the card as soon you have a safe and checked double backup of the card on your computer.

• Oh so you don't have to format it? How come its recommended then?

How do I "format" it?

Many thanks peaceonearth for your reply.

• Menu, tools, format, yes!

• If an SD card's memory becomes fragmented, its worst-case write speed can deteriorate enough to cause random recording failures with high-bitrate patches. To guard against this pitfall, I recommend using your GH2 to reformat your SD card before using it on any crucial shoot.