Personal View site logo
Meetup: 서울/Seoul/Seul, Recap
  • OLD

With a half-dozen local friends/videomakers RSVP'd to join us throughout the day and an open call to all P-V members, we set up under some shade with snacks and drinks around 1:30PM.

The event was attended by only one member who wasn't already a part of our videomaking circle. He is Korean, and an associate professor at a local graduate school of "Cinematic Content". He brought his teenaged son and GH3, seeking technical advice for an upcoming documentary production in northeastern China. For three hours or so we discussed classic films from Japan and Europe, the film-school bubble, professional and artistic aspirations, and the GH cameras.

He left, and then the local expat filmmakers arrived. Some are P-V members, some are not. We shared and critiqued content we've been working on, discussed short and medium term plans, and had fried chicken and beer.

Though it was a fine day, this wasn't the P-V meetup we hoped for. The scheduling was short notice, and the following day was a work day; these factors probably affected the turnout. Apparently over 250 PV members live in Korea. Next time we hope to get a few more of them.

• 24 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone who offers me beer that's not Cass will get one touch per bottle/can.

• Long time lurker here! I'm based out of Daegu. If you guys are serious about meeting up on Thursday, I'm game.

• @jweeke

Remember to fully specify date. And better provide link to map.

• @jweeke

I sent notice for Korean members. We have quite a number of them (>250).

• I should be able to swing by Itaewon around 1. See you there.

• @vitaliy Done, thanks.

@focal_plane Come on up!

• Hello, as I already know a number of people I shall also be in attendance. What is the password? :)

• Pw: 퍼선얼뷰파티타임

• Meetup this afternoon! PM me for contact info.

• @jweeke

Pus some contacts in first post, remove after meeting.

Also, why first post had "8 June"? :-)

• @vitaliy Dumb! Thanks for the correction.

• Good times. Thanks to everybody who made it out today. To those who didn't, we'll do it again soon!

• @jweeke

Do you have any photos? :-)

• @vitaliy We considered it, but decided that in so much sun it was pointless without at least 14 stops... ^_^

• @jweeke

What you mean, seriously?

• @vitaliy Just joking... we spent all day talking about cameras and nobody thought to use one!

• @jweeke

It is really bad, as your meeting was first one.

• @vitaliy Ahh, my fault, VK. Next time we'll be sure to capture the action.

• @jweeke

At least write report :-)

• Was hoping to see some hot chick photos at least! :-)

• @jweeke

Let me know if someone is interested in making winter meetup.

• @vitaliy Due to everybody's schedules it might have to be an early spring meetup, but there's some interest. I'll post back here.

• Due to everybody's schedules it might have to be an early spring meetup

You already checked all schedules? :-)

• @vitaliy Yeah we're a pretty small group.