Personal View site logo
Panasonic FZ200 topic, 24x zoom with constant F2.8 aperture
  • 350 Replies sorted by
  • here is usually appearing in Bh photo: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lumix+fz200&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Now an opinion: there is a better than fz200 camera for filming in their price? I already have one fz200, but I need two cameras. I am thinking of buying another fz200. any another better option?

• @matt_gh2 i dont think VK was serious... F2.0, prores? I think it was (good) joke, but maybe the jokes on me when panny actually does this :-)

• I came along to the FZ200 in search for a reasonable priced slomo cam. It is so great to read, that this cam is discussed here! Seems like i found a great cam matching to my beloved GH2. GH3 has never been an alternative to me. And BMC for the lack of 50p likewise.

• Anyone have news to panasonic FZ200 will renew now in July? ...will be the panasonic will release something better?

• If a new FZ200, 250 or 300 will come, my experience with panasonic says: The will do some things incredibly better and will remove other very beloved features. Has been the same thing with GH1 -> GH2 -> GH3. And of cause the will raise the price for that nonsense ;-)

• My bet is that Panasonic will increase zoom in the next FZXXX. The least intelligent thing to do, but it is the trend of worldwide in superzooms.

• Multiple FZ200.

• @andrevanberlo I don't know if Vitally is joking or not, but when you think about it, how else would they take the next step up for a new model? It would sell like hotcakes and be a perfect match for the BMPC. Then again maybe I'm dreaming, it is Panasonic.

• Has anyone had any issues with the FZ200. There have been some reported OIS stabilization issues reported.

• wallasdaviola!!! Your videos are absurdly good. Very Professional. What 'Fz200 settings' do you use to film? Please share with us. What video software do tou use? Do you use noise reduction? thank you Paulo Henrique Baldassi.

• @Rachmaninoff Hey man, thanks for the kind words, I use portrait all -2 and use curves on sony vegas in post, that is about it, light is extremelly importante, because de iso performance of the camera is not good. Take Care

• @wallasdaviola Excellent video! What shutter speed were you using? Were the FZ200 on shutter preferred? Did you ask Vegas to interpolate the frame rate?

• @trevmar thanks. shutter was 60 that is the only speed I use and I always use in manual mode. No interpolation..

• @taawp I've had a couple of issues with the FZ200. I have noticed that the stabilization at the long end sometimes goes a bit wonky - then will lock back in. I just figured that's my shaky hands.

The other problem I noticed is with the Panorama Shot SCN setting. The resulting panorama picture I shot with the FZ200 showed horrible vertical banding. By comparison the LX7 did not. I need to get out and try again to confirm the issue.

• I'm a pianist and I use two cameras. Fz200 and LX7. Here is my Video. I like the cameras. please, watch in 1080p.

• Hi All! Im new here and Im new with the FZ 200 camera. Is it any way to extend the maximum recording time from 30 minutes (29'59") to endless? I have heard about hack but I dont know exactly how to do it, if it exist. Thanks in advance for all help. -Per

• @perasbro, my US model FZ200 records without stopping at the 30 minute mark. It keeps recording until the battery empties (at about the 3hr mark)

• @trevmar: Have you made any changes in Setup? My camera, PAL, only made R29m59s, after that it go to Standby. -Per

• @perasbro My FZ200 is a US model. I believe the PAL models are still crippled back to the 30 minute clips so as to attract a lower rate of import duty into the EU.

• Any further development for FZ200 hack? I would really appreciate extending the EU Tax imposed limit of under 30 mins!