Personal View site logo
For Sale: M4/3 Lenses - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 w DMW-MA1 4/3 to M4/3 + Panasonic 14-140mm & 14-42mm
  • Hello! I have three Micro Four Thirds lenses up for sale:

• Panasonic Lumix 14-140mm with a Panasonic DMW-ZL1 zoom lever - $500 shipped

• Panasonic Lumix 14-42 - $85 shipped

• Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 (Constant) with a Panasonic DMW-MA1 Four Thirds to Micro Four Thirds adapter (and its matched hood, which I forgot to put on) - $350 shipped

The Sigma 18-50mm is a really nice, overlooked lens for Micro Four Thirds, featuring a constant F2.8 aperture which can be controlled by the camera with the MA1 adapter. As well, it is possible to auto focus with the adapter, it is just really slow.

The lenses do have cosmetic wear, mainly on the lens caps and hoods, but the front and rear elements of all look perfect.

All prices are shipped to the US (and include paypal fees). I will ship anywhere in the world for whatever actual shipping costs are.

Please PM me with any questions

I also have another posting with two GH2s as well.

Thanks!

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • I can second that the Sigma F2.8 18-50 is a useful lens and one I've used for all video interviews over the last year or so. It is an 'overlooked' lens and not often discussed but I've been very happy with mine. It also has a very useful macro 1:3 capability.

• Does that Sigma have any type of OS in it?

• The Sigma does not have any kind of Optical Stabilization. However, the GX2 will have in body stabilization, which means that other Panasonic bodies down the line might include it as well (GH5?)

• However, the GX2 will have in body stabilization, which means that other Panasonic bodies down the line might include it as well

It is not fact, it is rumor.

• Can anyone compare between the Sigma f/2.8 18-50 to the Lumix f/2.8 12-35 in terms of quality, sharpness and overall performance and control on the GH3? (Sigma lens connected with the DMW-MA1 Four Thirds to Micro Four Thirds adapter) Thank you!

• @omersasy

•Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 (Constant) with a Panasonic DMW-MA1 Four Thirds to Micro Four Thirds adapter (and its matched hood, which I forgot to put on) - $350 shipped

Quite strange co compare this to the lens that is 3x the price, in EU it is 4x.

• Thank you Vitaliy! Of course I know their not the same level, but I am looking for a cheaper replacement for the Lumix 12-35 mainly for documentary video work and I was wondering if it could serve me well in that aspect. Do you have any thoughts or tips about it?

• @omersasy

Why not? If you do not need fast AF and wide angles, most probably it'll do. Another similar lens is Tamron, but it'll be fully manual.

• Manual is ok for me! Which model of Tamron and which camera mount?

• Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 non VC, any camera mount you like (Nikon, Pentax is preferable).

• I'll check it out - Thanks!