Personal View site logo
Hacks/Patches for GH2 Sankor 16 2X Anamorphic Lens ?
  • Hello Everyone, I have purchase everything I need to shoot some anamorphic shorts.. I have read most of the day trying to find the final outcome if we can use VGA(4:3) mode for 1920 x 720 resolution so we get a 2.66:1 or what is the best options..or the exact location of the patch I need.

Here is the patch I am looking for

O yea by the way here is my winning StarWars/Pringles ad 3rd down on page.. shot with GH2 and Flow motion V2 patch 1080p 24p nostalgic -2-2-2-2 Lumix 14mm 2.5 Samyang 35mm 1.5 Konova slider. http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2013/05/08/pringles-star-wars/2143867/

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Go here: http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault and download the 'EOSHD Unified Patch' and only load the MJPEG settings for 70Mbit 1920x720 MJPEG. It works, but I set my own dimensions for MJPEG. HD/720p mode I change to 2048x1152 and then for VGA/480 mode it's 2160x920 (2.35 Cinemascope, I prefer this over 2.66 for some reason). There are a few issues with MJPEG; it's stuck at 30fps, the quality isn't as good as AVCHD, shows more noise, and it all combines to give it a much more 'videoy' look.

This is the first video (other than some tests) I shot with my Sankor 2x Anamorphic. Not the best event to try, but I liked the challenge.Focus is off a few spots as was alignment of the lens, but by now I've gotten pretty used to it. Just haven't had a project that really called for it since. This was using the unmodified EOSHD anamorphic settings. There's also a couple weird spots where the Warp Stabilizer went crazy...First and last time using that..

• Thanks for you input...This is what I was looking for.. I will try to make some time and edit together testing all setting with MjPEG and AVCHD..

• Hello anyone can send me this EOSHD's Unified Patch (88 Mbit variable bitrate) zip file to my mail? I goo to the official patch page but the download links is wrong THANKS! firudelpup@gmail.com

• @FIRUFILMS

Just forget about this, look for normal stuff.