Personal View site logo
Product photography and videos
  • Topic to talk about product videos and photos.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • never new it was that involved. so it looks like they take multiple shots to get the right look on individual product panels then superimpose the best bits to make one super pic? wonder how one would approach that video wise.

• Must be how they shoot today's synthetic looking Playboy playmate photos too.

I remember when every issue of MacWorld was at least a quarter of an inch thick with photos and column layout on par with something like Time. They're pamphlets nowadays and its hard to tell the articles from the ad space anymore and lots of white space in the writing.

• I remember when every issue of MacWorld was at least a quarter of an inch thick with photos and column layout on par with something like Time. They're pamphlets nowadays and its hard to tell the articles from the ad space anymore and lots of white space in the writing.

People like cheap things now, and this comes with the price. Most magazines now are advertisments collection with few attached articles or photos.

• People like cheap things now, and this comes with the price. Most magazines now are advertisments collection with few attached articles or photos.

True that. It's just a shame. Pretty much anything computer related were the first magazines to go from my previously ravenous magazine habit. Neither the content or the aesthetics compelled me anymore when the raw information became readily available online. There was nothing "value added" in getting the information via magazine form if the magazine portion ceased to be more stimulating than basic HTML page layout.

Years before I owned my first Mac, when I was supposed to hate Macs because I was an Amiga user, I read MacWorld because of the quality of the writing and layout, and similarities of architecture. There wasn't another computer magazine at the time as well crafted. It used to personify the image and ideal of the platform, as if published to Jobs' own specificity.

Sorry for the tangent...I just really used to like that magazine :(