Personal View site logo
Strange marks on video - Damaged Sensor?
  • So a mark/blotch has appeared on my videos recently! I think it happened after a lens change and there was some dust/dirt on the sensor as well which was visible with a loupe. However the mark in question doesn't seem to be visible when looking at the sensor?! It is present when using different lenses/no lens even It moves in ex-tele mode (to a position which would seem to correlate with the sensor crop of that mode) If I shoot a scene which has an over exposed section it will disappear as I move the camera to place the mark onto the over exposed area- i.e. no present when over exposed

I have tried a blower to remove the dust and also swabbed the sensor with a cleaning kit which removed all the dust etc. but this mark remains!!!

So what does it look like to you and has anyone encountered something similar?

Thanks in advance all!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Looks like dirt. Since you've already tried cleaning the sensor, maybe a pixel refresh would be helpful?

• Sorry meant to say I have done several pixel refreshes, and used the in camera sensor clean as well as the physical cleaning I mentioned.... It is perplexing and worrying!

• Time to get a Pocket BMcc

• and I assume there is nothing visible on the sensor using your eyes?

• @kazuo lol I preordered the day they announced! Still need a camera till that ships though ; )

@fatpig I have been able to see dust but that all cleaned off this I cannot seem to see... Will borrow a microscope this week and have a look...