Personal View site logo
Driftwood ClusterX series 2:│moon│ЅріzZ│nebula│drewnet│Slipstream │Redshift
  • 1053 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood, yes it would be! The Sandisk 30 MB/s cards are super cheap right now, and the 45 MB/s ones are cheap as well!

• @driftwood Downloaded your "moon" hack last week to use for my "end of the semester" intern presentation at DreamWorks. I have to say, I absolutely love it. Here's a quick test I shot before shooting the actual video. (Color corrected)

• Smoooooth Moon! See attached image for image tests against DREWnet V8. The smoothness while maintaining detail blows be away with Moon T5.

BTW: Each of the four comparison shots are at 100% scale cropped 1/4 to fill all on 1920 x 1080 jpg. None of the comparisons here have been scaled in size nor have any post work done at all. Straight out of the camera.

NoiseCompare.jpg
    1919 x 1077 - 503K
  • maddog15-> wow, that's a huge difference! I actually thought it'd be the other way round, given Drew's very low quantization.

• Moon Trial 5 stops recording in HBR 25FPS Mode after about 10Mins on 64GB 95mbs Sandisc Extreme. But all recordings after the stopped one, exceeding 10 min´s will be fine. Camera has to be switched off/on to repeat that bug.

• @brudney you said it. I felt the same way as I've flip-flopped back and forth loading Moon T5 then DREWvet V8. Felt perhaps I was doing something wrong given all the wonderful accolades that I've seen and read from others regarding DREWnet. I like DREWnet but Every time I'd reload Moon, shoot test footage then bring it up on my computer.... the difference was emediately noticeable. I'm still not convinced that "user error" isn't a part of this. Was hoping to stick with one if the Cluster X 2 patches inn my camera. All things considered it was going to be DREWnet as Moon's file sizes are HUGE. Guess that's the give and take in life... Incredible footage equals incredible file size.

BTW: Moon T5 spans on both High modes of 24p and 720p 60fps (NTSC)

• @driftwood i'm trying to patch GF3 with moon trial 5 but just get 19Mbit/s clips... i've tryed with cbrandin's gh3 on gh2 and this works well as it gives me 50 Mbit/s but there's some problems on transcoding to final cut x, thing that doesn't happen with moon, so it would like to have moon installed, but any ideas about why it just film at 19 Mbit/s? I'm under mac so can't use streamersparse... thanks a lot...

• @driftwood:

Would you generate a patch combined Moon 5 and MJPEG 100Mbps Low Light ANAMORPHIC 1080p, please?

It'd be nice if the MJPEG is around 80-88MBps.

Thank you in advance!

• @producer Open moon and Flowmotion anamorphic MJpeg 100 with notepad + + and combine them into a new ini file, simple

• @kaikerr I tried with gf2 today, arrival up to 80mbit/s

• well, i tryed today again gf3 with moon trial 5 and same result, 17-20 Mbit/s... Moon is the best looking for me in my GH2, need it in GF3... :(

• @producer try changing the current moon mjpeg I did (the best quantised setting there is around!) to the res size you need and report back success/failure.

If not wait till i get back from Spain next week.

• @driftwood: I'm not urgent, I will wait, don't worry.

Thanks in advance!

• Testing Moon trial5 with Bolex c-mount lens

Nick, Moon5 looks incredible good even with legacy lenses!!!!. Thanks. Have a nice time here in Spain, if you come around Madrid and wanna try some vintage stuff, you are bienvenido.

• @nachelsoul thanks for the offer. Love Madrid but next time Im there Ill pm you :-) I'm staying in San Jose now in Almeira province. Very pretty place.

Footage looks good. As does @giulux 's :-)

• Ran with moon for a short shoot this past weekend. I need faster cards. The footage was good. Very strong. Is the general consensus 95mb or bust?

• @Mckinise Yes the 95Mb/s SanDisk card is the only option to my knowledge when running a patch like Moon T5. I even tried my 32GB 30Mb/s Ultra card and it didn't work with Moon T5. I'm running Moon now and I'm extremely happy with it. Also bought an extra 64GB 95Mb/s Extreme Pro card because I wanna keep running Moon. The ONLY down side I've come across with moon is file size. HUGE file sizes....but i's worth it for the quality. Moon runs flawlessly on the 95Mb/s card. AND my experience has show it spans on the highest progressive recording modes of the camera. (24p high and 720p high)

• Am I wrong that there was an option in the patches for GH2 about the third-party batteries? I don't see such a thing in PTool.

One of my batteries is a third-party and my GH2 worked fine, but since I'm with Moon trial 5, the camera displays that this battery can't be used.

Anyone else?

• @maddog15 How many minutes of Moon T5 fit on a 64GB card?

• @tinyrobot, mine says 56mins..

• @tinyrobot It's hard to say how much Moon fits on a 64GB card. I've not conducted a test where I just let the camera run until the card is full. I have learned that the initial "time remaining" display is deceiving. Mine also says "56 minutes" but I've filmed for over an hour on the same card and the display said 25 min left before I turned the camera off. From my understanding the camera is constantly doing the math for "time remaining" based off how much info and detail it's recording at that time. More detail requires higher bit rate so it's constantly changing while filming unless you're shooting the same scene with no movement. I'd say a safe assumption would be about 1 1/2 to 2 hours but that just a ballpark guess.

PS: If I'm wrong about any of the above please someone put me in my place. Don't wanna spread false or misguided info to anyone.

• Here's some Moon Trial 5 footage. Pitty the YT compression can't keep up. The original looks flawless.

• @Jim_Simon Very Nice. I'm with you on the youtube compression. The raw moon footage is absolutely incredible.

Moon T5 Tests. NOTE: The wobble in the image is from using Warp Stabilizer in Premiere Pro NOT from the Moon patch itself. Color was incredible. Had to desaturate almost every clip.

• @driftwood Moon T5 is a great patch. But I am bit confused in profile settings. I feel Nost -2-2-2-2 has a DR improvement. I don't know which is perfect will u clear my doubt??

• Nostalgic has a bit more DR, but also a very specific color signature that might be difficult to fix in post if you are aiming for something very different.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters